Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role in a Motion Picture Wish List

Taking a one day break before finishing the rest of the 2014 Golden Globe Awards wish list posts while the Hollywood Foreign Press Association releases its final waves of presenters throughout the day today we are starting to move onto the next major awards show the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards. Many say that the SAG Awards are a much more casual awards show but I think we are seeing a turn in most awards shows where no matter the case its go big or go home. I am going big by wishing that nominee Cate Blanchett wear this amazing floral embroidered Giambattista Valli Fall 2013 Couture gown for the SAG's. I honestly believe that Queen Cate is one of the few women in the world with the beauty, elegance, grace, and poise to pull off such a gown. I would of course have the gown lined to allow the 44 year old actress to not cause any controversy with her gown option. Simply add a pair of gold sandals, a sleek up do, neutral makeup and Cate will shock and awe all of the international fashion press by wearing this design.
Having seen 'Saving Mr. Banks' I can totally see where Emma Thompson's awards nominations are coming in, but there is such tight competition that I don't know if she will get to take home one of the green men. For this awards ceremony I think that this Georges Hobeika Spring 2014 RTW gown which features a high neckline with a modesty panel and embellished bodice and cap sleeves would look absolutely phenomenal on Emma. At 54 Emma still knows how to rock some sexy look but does so in such a sophisticated mature way that it would just leave all the others in the dust. I would add just a gold box clutch and a pair of black satin peep toe pumps to ensure a perfect look for the SAG Awards for Emma.
Meryl Streep is the only lady on this list who as of yet I can not comment on how amazing her movie was because I am not actually seeing it until later today. I am hoping that we continue to see the extremely fashionable Meryl Streep that has come into our lives for the past 2 years on and off. I think that this black draped Ralph Laureen Spring 2014 RTW gown with a faux draped cape sleeve is absolutely stunning and Meryl would look fantastic working this dress up and down the SAG Awards red carpet. I would just add the matching runway Ralph Lauren sandals and some stunning vintage diamond dazzlers from Fred Leighton to make sure that Meryl stands out in just basic black.
To me its a coin toss between Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett as to whom will take home the Best Actress trophy so I am hoping that both ladies will be on their top game, and I know Cate will. As for Sandy, she can have some trouble at times making all the elements of her looks fall together. I think that this recently presented Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2014 gown which features a rich royal purple bodice and bow and a lilac purple draped satin skirt. I think that this is something that isn't normally something that Sandra would gravitate towards but I do think that this gown would look absolutely stunning on her. A pair of purple pointed toe satin pumps, no clutch, and jaw dropping diamonds in her ears and on her wrist would make this look hit the final high notes of an already operatic ensemble at the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment