Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Best Dressed at the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards

The Screen Actors Guild Awards were held last night at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The stars came out in droves to support themselves and their nominated casts. Despite this being a night of honoring actors it was a plus one who took home my top honor. Camila Alves came on the arm of her hubby Matthew McConaughey. Camila definitely left her disheveled husband (like seriously whats up with the castaway beard?) in the dust wearing a stunning custom Donna Karan Atelier sculpturally draped eggplant strapless gown. Minimal styling and perfect hair and make up finished off a look that stood leaps and bounds above the actors on their big night.
Taking the menswear inspiration to a whole new level Emma Stone wore an impactful custom Christian Dior Couture ensemble. Had this been on anyone else I think that I would have been putting this on the worst dressed list, but Emma pull it off with major aplomb. The sleek hair, red lip, Repossi earcuffs, and Christian Louboutin sandals just sealed this look off with a sultry kiss. Julianne Moore, the Outstanding Female Actor in a Motion Picture winner, shocked me by wearing another custom Givenchy Couture gown on the red carpet last night. I had figured that after wearing Givenchy for the Golden Globe Awards (and topping best dressed lists in it) that Julianne would go to one of her other trusted brands (like Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford, or Balenciaga) for the SAG Awards. I am not complaining because Julianne looks amazing in this emerald beaded Givenchy Couture scoop neck gown. Green is always a delight to see on a red head and Julianne knows that formula very well. Felicity Jones really wowed me wearing this amazing soft pink custom Balenciaga column gown with a sculptural criss-cross portrait neckline. Felicity does this mix of modern and vintage so well and she is just living up to my title of One to Watch that I gave her at the end of last year.
Reese Witherspoon has been on and off of the best and worst dressed lists recently. I was happy that when she showed up at the Screen Actors Guild Awards last night that I was able to firmly put her on the best. Her custom one shoulder Giorgio Armani gown with subtle matte white sequin detailing, was an amazing refreshing modern choice. I am so used to seeing Reese in vintage inspired styles that this ultra modern look was something that I don't know if I would have predicted but I absolutely love. Uzo Aduba, who won Outstanding Female Actor in a Comedy Series, really brought modern life to the red carpet in her Angel Sanchez Spring 2015 RTW gown. One of the few ladies on this list who got her gown off of the runway, I have to say that I was blown away. She has really stepped right into the role of red carpet diva. She keeps getting better and better with every single red carpet that she steps on. If you had told me that Sofia Vergara was going to show up at the SAG Awards in Donna Karan Atelier, I would have totally agreed (she has worn the brand to the SAGs for the past 3 years now), BUT if you had told me that it was not going to be a mermaid gown I would have laughed. I was pleasantly surprised to see Sofia wearing a soft draped Donna Karan Atelier corseted one shoulder red gown. The Colombian beauty really wowed. She showcased all of her famous curves without wearing something skin tight.
Another knock me down with a feather moment was when I realized that I was going to be putting Sarah Paulson on my best dressed list. The "American Horror Story" actress has never really been a favorite of mine, but she has been getting better with each appearance lately. This amazing Armani Prive ensemble that consisted of a white structured cape top and black silk crepe skirt was a red carpet knockout. She really showed her true beauty with this gown. Lupita Nyong'o really let me down at the Golden Globe Awards in Giambattista Valli, so I was really happy she redeemed herself last night. Lupita turned to the red carpet king, Elie Saab, and his Pre-Fall 2015 collection to pick her gown for this red carpet. Making a bold statement with this long sleeve multi pattern ball gown, I have to say that I let out a squeal when I saw a quick glimpse of her and it just got louder when I saw the whole look. And lastly, and I know that this will be a controversial choice, I have to say that I loved Claire Danes in her custom Marc Jacobs hunter green halter gown with side embellishments. Once I had pulled pictures of all of the stars and was looking to fill the last spot in my top 10 my eyes kept coming back to this design. I gotta say I am happy because for the past 2 years Claire has ended up on my worst dressed list for her SAG gown and this year it was something that I absolutely fell in love with.


Who did you love? Was there anyone that you think should have been on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment