Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Runway Report: Chanel Spring 2015 Couture

 I contemplated staying up till 3 AM EST to watch the pictures from the Chanel Spring 2015 Couture come in live, but I decided on sleep instead. That was a good life decision, because this is one of my least favorite collections from Chanel EVER. This collection is like a 1980s ugly floral wonderland. It makes me think of grandmas couch at her beach house that is covered in plastic to keep it looking "new." Karl Lagerfeld tired to make the collection youthful with crop tops and sheerness, but it just ended up looking extremely dated.
I am hoping that when stars like Kirsten Stewart, Diane Kruger, Lily Collins, Keira Knightley, Emma Stone and Lupita Nyong'o wear this collection on the red carpet that it is given a much more elegant life. I try to watch these collection presentations and try to strip down the theatrics to see just the clothes, separated from shoes, hair, makeup, and other accessories. I had a hard time doing that collection. I looked at it multiple times before writing this review and I definitely can see good bones but it is going to take women who know how to work a red carpet to make me love anything from this collection. Editorial is going to be interesting as well. Will the tulle covered straw beach hats dictate what editorial themes we see? I am scared. But with Elie Saab and Valentino tomorrow I know that I will get back in good graces with couture week.

No comments:

Post a Comment