Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Red Carpet Rundown: 2015 Critics Choice Movie Awards

 I was shocked to see so many dramatic gowns at the Critics Choice Movie Awards last night. Pleasantly surprised to say the least. My favorite of the night had to be Keira Knightley wearing Delpozo Fall 2014 RTW. After the ghastly Chanel gown she wore to the Golden Globe Awards I was glad to see her back on top form. Emily Blunt looked very pretty in her custom tomato red Emilio Pucci halter gown. I was a little surprised to find out that this was Pucci because it isn't the norm when I think of the house. Julianne Moore made basic black anything but basic wearing a custom Saint Laurent gown. The gown gave me 60's Gothic glam and I loved seeing her wear this on the red carpet. While she might have been slightly overdressed in white Christian Dior Fall 2014 Couture, Marion Cotillard looked absolutely AMAZING in this gown. It was her best Dior look in a very long time, I might say since her last outing in a design by Galliano. And last but not least I have to say that Michelle Monaghan killed the red carpet in black lace Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2015 sleeveless gown. Everything about this look was on point, the hair, the makeup, and the simple styling.
Sadly there were some of my favorite ladies that really disappointed me. I have been watching Carmen Ejogo keep getting more are more accustomed to the red carpet and her Emilia Wickstead Spring 2015 RTW collection almost made my good list but the giant pockets at her waist just stood out to me like oven mitts. After a regal red carpet offering at the Golden Globes last Sunday that I was thoroughly disappointed in Felicity in this boring unflattering Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2015 RTW gown. The sheer bodice over a granny bra paired with a skirt that hits her at a place that makes her look wide was just a bad culmination of the ideas. Jessica Chastain REALLY let me down last night wearing an over-complicated Antonio Berardi Spring 2015 RTW gown. This gown could have, and should have, been simplified. The asymmetrical mandarin neckline just ruined what could have been an amazing red carpet look. Only a supermodel would have been able to pull off this gown as presented. When I learned that Reese Witherspoon's franken-gown was custom made for her by Lanvin you could have knocked me over with a feather. I think that had this gown been either fully fuchsia or fully black that this could have been an amazing look. The hair needed to be up and this would have been the perfect look to wear a statement necklace with. I was sadly disappointed. And finally I have had mixed feelings on Rosamund Pike in Valentino New York Sala Bianca 945 Haute Couture. On one hand I really love the skirt, but on the other I can not stand the bodice of this dress. When I am judging red carpets I keep a pad with all the stars a line for the dress identification and a line for the first comments that come to my mind. When I saw Rosamund what did I write down? Lumpy. The top made her look lumpy, and after all the skin that she showed at the Golden Globe Awards we all know that Rosamund is not lumpy.

Almost all of these women will be in attendance at the Screen Actors Guild Awards next Sunday night and I will be live tweeting the red carpet and the awards show with Kelly from Dream in Lace. Join me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) at 6 PM on Sunday January 25, 2015 for all kinds of fashion IDs and snarky commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment