Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Runway Report: Burberry Prorsum Fall 2015 Menswear

 "Classically Bohemian" that is the title that creative director Christopher Bailey gave the Burberry Prorsum Fall 2015 Menswear collection which was presented in London on Monday. Models David Gandy and Jourdan Dunn sat front row alongside the likes of Anna Wintour and singer Tinie Tempah in a tent draped in thick curtains. The collection took a departure from the typical English preppy style in favor of a more worldly earthy collection of classics that met off-kilter and bohemian ideals. I have to say that this collection really spoke to me. These are the types of pieces that I look for when I am buying for my own closet. Classic, with a twist. The show opened with an olive green tasseled cashmere poncho, which just looks so comfy and warm, and the punches just kept on rolling in.
Solids mixed with paisleys, florals, the signature Burberry Scottish check, camo, leopard, and mirrored embellishments just enforced the ideas that these pieces were acquired across travels across the globe. Bailey said the collection was "decorative and free," and I have to say that I totally agree. Cashmere, wool, velvet, leather, suede, shearing, linen, and cotton helped craft the amazing clothing that took to the runway in colors like cornflower, olive, teal, burgundy, turquoise, mustard, ink, purple, charcoal, and fuchsia. The most exciting thing that I saw take to the red carpet were the blanket shawls that were so popular from the Fall 2014 Women's Ready-to-Wear collection make an appearance for men. I can see a lot of the daring male members of the fashion industry wearing these type of coats, along with the mirrored tuxedo blazer. I hope that as more and more brands that hold classic ideals, like Burberry, start (and continue) to break the mold on traditional menswear.
The accessories in this collection were totally on point. I want the carryall in every single texture and color that it came in. Only two bags were presented with the collection the Carryall and a suede fringe document case. I want them ALL. Men get a bad rep for carrying a bag but I think that if you need to keep your life organized why not do it in a stylish manner. The classic Burberry scarf got an update this season was well. The cashmere scarves feature a long all the way around fringe and are printed in a bevy of new colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment