Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Runway Report: Alexander McQueen Fall 2015 Menswear

 Sarah Burton, Creative Director looked to World War I and military uniforms as the inspiration for the Alexander McQueen Fall 2015 Menswear collection that she dubbed "The Decorative Muse." The British brand paid tribute to all those who paid their lives during World War I. Using the prints of the English rose, and the remembrance day poppy as prints in the floral jacquard's featured in the collection. I absolutely love almost every jackets and coat in this collection. These fabulous items would look amazing being weaved into my wardrobe. I particularly love a rose printed black and grey sweater. I could see myself wearing this sweater with a pair of dark jeans and combat boots to run my weekend errands. I am honestly hoping that house favorite Eddie Redmayne, who knows how to take a red carpet menswear risk, picks up one of these poppy jacquard suits for a red carpet appearance.
Love, love, love some amazing embellished suit jackets and coats. They are classic with just that hint of a fashion edge. Wool pinstripes, distressed houndstooth, Lodan felts, floral jacquard, velvet, needle-punched sheepskin, leather and silk rendered in crimson, black, Air Force blue, and military green made up the amazing McQueen collection. Pointed creepers with thick soles and shepherd shoes were the only accessories that were shown with the collection. I love the silver studded creepers and totally want them in my closet. I always look at these collections piece by piece. I think that the pieces in this collection are amazing on their own and when styled all together this was an amazing show to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment