Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Runway Report: Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture

If prior to the Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture collection presentation yesterday that I would have archived 34 of the 54 looks that were presented, I probably would have laughed. Alas that is exactly what happened. There was soooooooo much about the presentation that I loved, starting with the two tiered set. The set reminded me of pussy galore, if she were an alien spider woman. I know that is so far left field, but it was awesome. The collection that came down the pink carpet covered pipe steps, which no model tripped coming down, was just as flabbergasting as the set that surrounded it. Classic 1950's and 60's cocktail dresses walked the runway along side Pretty Woman hooker dresses, futuristic print catsuits, vinyl raincoats (I NEED ONE), paired with skintight latex crotch high boots just made for a collection that kept me begging for more. On paper there is absolutely nothing about this collection that should work, but somehow it all does.

I can not wait to see Dior devotees rocking all kinds of red carpets in this collection. I will say that I was saddened to see that amongst the whole 54 look collection that there was one ONE gown. I was looking for the perfect Academy Awards gown for house spokesmodel Marion Cotillard, and there is a big contender for me if she is willing to take a HUGE fashion risk (you will see when I do my Academy Awards wish lists next month.) From the red carpet to editorial to stage performances, this collection is bound to make it on the backs of all of our favorite celebrities. There are even a few looks that I would LOVE to see Jennifer Lawrence wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment