Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Golden Globe Awards: Hostesses Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Wish List

The FABULOUS comedy duo of Amy Poehler and Tina Fey will be once again hosting the Golden Globe Awards which are just a week and two days away. Neither lady has ever been on the forefront of fashion but seeing what they bring to the red carpet and the stage is always a pleasure. The two usually bring their best to the red carpet at this event. I am choosing to outfit each lady in one single designer for the night as that is what they normally do. For Amy I picked three looks for her to wear from Badgley Mischka, all from their Pre-Fall 2015. For the red carpet I have picked this black strapless sweetheart neck mermaid gown that features beaded and feather embellishments. Black has always been Amy's go to color for the red carpet and I think that this design would just look stunning on her. To open the show I went to the opposite of the color spectrum, white. I think that this is so much better for the show than a black dress because it will stand out against a most likely dark stage. Speaking of standing out I would also love to see Amy wear this magenta gown that features gunmetal crystal encrusted floral embellishments. I love to see Amy wow in a pop of color especially since she usually sticks to black and white for all of her red carpet options.
For a good part of the end of 2014 Tina Fey stuck with the designs of Christian Siriano for her red carpet appearances, and I am hoping that the two will partner for her looks for the 2015 Golden Globes next Sunday night. I I have to say that I am actually excited to see what Tina will bring to the red carpet because she has been trying to bust out of her LBD comfort zone. For the red carpet I went to the Christian Siriano Spring 2015 RTW collection and found this stunning navy blue caped column gown for the perfect red carpet moment. It is not anything earth shattering but the fact that it is sophisticated and not black I think that this will make for a perfect red carpet moment. Tina has been known to take her red carpet look and make it one of the two looks that she wears during the show. I am hoping that this year that she puts that idea aside and really goes full glam hostess for the event. I would love to see her kick the night off wearing this black gown from the Christian Siriano Fall 2014 RTW collection. I think that this silhouette is perfect for Tina ans will make her look 10 feet tall and despite being black this look is anything but basic, with it's embellished bodice and peplum train. And last but not least I think that this Christian Siriano Pre-Fall 2015 full skirted cocktail dress would make a great addition to Tina's hostess wardrobe. She wore a tea length dress by the late L'Wren Scott two years ago and I thought it was a revolutionary idea as major awards show hostesses are always expected to wear long glam gowns but I think that this iridescent purple cocktail dress makes just as much impact as a big ball gown.

If you want to join the conversation I will be joining Kelly from Dream In Lace with a live Twitter commentary on what all the stars are wearing. So please join me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) at about 5 PM EST for all kinds of fashion ID's and LOTS of snarky commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment