Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

2015 Venice Film Festival: "The Wait" Premiere Wish List

Juliette Binoche has been on a roll this year with her red carpet looks. I have to say that I am actually really excited to see what the actress will bring to the 2015 Venice Film Festival as she promotes her latest film "The Wait." For the films photocall I would pick this head to toe Narciso Rodriguez Resort 2016 khaki shirt style dress and orange pointed toe pumps. This is a chic look perfect for a photocall. Had this been available during Cannes I am sure that someone would have been all over this for the outdoor photocall but alas all the photocalls in Venice are inside. For the premiere I would love to see Juliette go for dramatic elegance and that is exactly what this blue ombre beaded Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture gown that features an off the shoulder neckline and long sleeves is. This is a film festival perfect look that I am honestly shocked to know that Jane Fonda didn't snatch up for Cannes. Finish this look with diamond and sapphire cluster earrings, a pair of blue Ferragamo peep toe satin pumps, and a chic low bun.
I have been wanting to see Diane Kruger wear this Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture white strapless chiffon gown with purple floral detail since it was presented last July but I am afraid that she is steering clear of this gown because of the similarities it shares with the Nina Ricci gown that she wore to the Cannes Film Festival premiere of "Killing Them Softly." That was such a moment for Diane that I can only imagine that this gown would be compared to that look. This would be an elegant yet still dramatic offering from Diane on the Venice Film Festival red carpet. Finished with a chic updo, a pair of silver sandals, and diamond cluster earrings and Diane will ensure that she has yet another breathtaking red carpet moment.
Elizabeth Banks hasn't worn an Armani Prive gown since the dramatic red gown that she wore to the 2009 Cannes Film Festival premiere of "Up" and I think that the 2015 Venice Film Festival will see that streak end. Armani is one brand that we see a lot of on the Venice red carpet and I could see Elizabeth rocking many of the looks that the designer has presented recently. I picked this strapless ballgown from the Armani Prive Fall 2015 Couture collection because I can picture Elizabeth making this avant garde look seem effortless. I love the mix of colors so that I couldn't even identify what I would call the base color of this gown, it's almost iridescent. Hair pulled back, a light pink lip, simple earrings, a black Edie Parker clutch, and a pair of black sandals would be the simply styling that is needed to ensure that this gown is in the spotlight on the red carpet.

Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook during the 2015 Venice Film Festival, which runs from September 2 to September 12, to keep on top of all the looks that come down the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment