Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

2015 Venice Film Festival: "The Childhood of a Leader" Premiere Wish List

Before I start today's post I just want to apologize to all of my readers because I have been neglecting my blog. It has been a crazy month of traveling and moving and I am still not done. I am going to try and get ahead of the game a little bit as I approach my move back to college for my last semester. I am going to keep working on bringing you all the best content that I can in a timely manner! Thanks to everyone for bearing with me and sticking with me through and through!
Since sadly I have missed several of my Venice Film Festival postings I am going to make the best of what is left before moving on to the Toronto International Film Festival and the Emmy Awards. I was uber excited to see that "The Childhood of a Leader" was going to premiere in the Orizzonti section of the festival because the film stars the stunning French actress Berenice Bejo. Berenice first waltzed onto the red carpet scene in 2012 when she was nominated for an Academy Award for her work in the Academy Award winning "The Artist" and captured the hearts of designers Elie Saab and Ralph Lauren who dressed her throughout awards season and then she went on to be the Mistress of Ceremonies at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival where she broke out in designers like Prada, Giambattista Valli, Louis Vuitton, and Christian Dior. Since then we have not really seen Berenice on the red carpets except for here and there and I am really excited to see what Berenice pulls out for the Venice Film Festival. For the films photocall I would love to see Berenice wear this light pink Vionnet Resort 2016 suit that features blood orange lapels. I think that this chic sophisticated offering is perfect for a photocall and paired with a white button down menswear inspired blouse and a pair of pink pumps this look would definitely hold its own against some of the red carpet looks. For the premiere I would love to see Berenice wear this Giambattista Valli Spring 2015 Couture ensemble that features a jacquard embellished cropped jacket, a jacquard ball skirt and silk satin blouse. This gown brings back the old school glamour of the 1950's and 1960's which is a perfect look for a film festival red carpet. Finished with a chic updo, a pair of gold sandals, a pink lip, and diamond cluster earrings and Berenice would have a winning red carpet look on her hands.
Spanish actress Paz Vega is on the jury for the Orizzonti prize and I have to say that I am extremely excited to see what she is going to bring to the red carpet. Known for her love of pretty and dramatic gowns I am sure that we will see nothing but the best form Paz over the course of the festival. One of her favorite go to designers is Elie Saab, and who can blame her no one does pretty drama better (expect for maybe Ralph and Russo another of Paz's favorites.) For the "The Childhood of a Leader" premiere I would love to see Paz wear this Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture dove grey and bronze completely embellished spaghetti strap ball gown on the red carpet. This gown is more pretty than dramatic but I think that Paz would be able to work it making it a stand out look during the Venice Film Festival. Paired with a pair of grey sandals and some simple diamond cluster earrings and a red lip this gown would shine all the way down the Venice red carpet.

Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook during the 2015 Venice Film Festival, which runs from September 2 to September 12, to keep on top of all the looks that come down the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment