Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

#VMAs2015: Best Dressed at the 2015 VMAs

 So the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards were last night, and I gotta say that I was quite underwhelmed by the red carpet. Many stars played it way to safe, some looked like they just left the beach, and very few took risks. Rita Ora took a risk and went for sexy high glamour in her custom Vera Wang gown with its ostrich feather ball skirt. While I can't believe that I am topping a best dressed list with a black gown, there really was almost no color to be seen on the red carpet anyway.
FKA Twigs continues to show us that she is someone to reckon with on the red carpet. Her black Atelier Versace Fall 2015 Couture ensemble, may be likened to the ensemble that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore to the collections presentation, was sexy and dramatic. This is what I expect to see on the VMAs red carpet. 

I am sure many of you will disagree with me but Miley Cyrus in her custom Atelier Versace chandelier harness and boots really rocked it out. This is a music video awards show and the stars are not taking enough risks. What other awards show could you get away with wearing something like this on the red carpet and not get torn to shreds? I don't even think that this would have gone over well at the Grammy Awards but on Miley at the VMA's it was pure perfection.

Taylor Swift rocked a firey beaded fringe Yousef Aljasmi bodysuit to lay down the hathet and perform with Nicki Minaj, whom she had been feuding on twitter with (I have a whole other theory about that but we will just stuck to the fashion.) I think that Taylor has become quite the sexy thing over the past year and she definately knows how to work it.

While I was really in love from the get go with her performance outfit, it took me a little longer to get behind the two piece Ashish ensemble that TayTay wore on the red carpet. I was thinking that 1989 got a little too literal with this sparking houndstooth ensemble that reminds me of a 1980's workout video. I will say that what I did like about this is that on a sea of safe that Taylor did take a risk and that risk paid off. 

Why was Ciara at the 2015 VMA's? Your guess is a good as mine but I am really happy that she was. Her Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2015 Couture fringe ensemble was one of my favorite looks of the night. I think that on any other night I would have looked at this and gone WTF, but last night when I was craving some avant garde fashion Ciara brought it.

You can see all the best and worst look from the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards on the Facebook page. Comment your thoughts, I would love to know who was YOUR Best/Worst Dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment