Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

#Emmys2015: Oustanding Actresss in a Lead Role in a Drama Series Nominee Wish List

In just under a month the biggest stars from the past year in television will be taking to the red carpet for the 2015 Emmy Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. I am excited because I think that this year will be a good year for fashion on the Emmy Awards red carpet. Claire Danes, nominated for "Homelamd," always hits home runs in the biggest designers on the red carpet and I am hoping that she continues to knock it out of the park this year. I love this dark blue and purple Armani Prive Fall 2015 Couture strapless column gown which I can only liken to an oil slick. I think that this gown is something that we haven't seen Claire wear on the red carpet and I think she would look amazing wearing. Finished with a chic up-do, a black Edie Parker clutch, a pair of simple sandals, and a pair of diamond drop earrings and this will make for a stunning red carpet moment. 
The 2015 Emmy Awards will be the last time that Elisabeth Moss will walk the red carpet as a nominee for her hit AMC series "Mad Men." The final season of "Mad Men" has garnered a lot of Emmy buzz for Elisabeth so I am sure that she will be on the red carpet in her top form. I picked this royal blue Georges Hobeika Fall 2015 Couture strapless mermaid gown which features a small embellishment via a bow belt at the waist. I think that this is a chic gown that would look elegant and timeless, a perfect look for the "Mad Men" star. Styled with a matching royal blue clutch, a pair of silver sandals, diamond cluster earrings, a chic low bun, and a red lip and Elizabeth will look positively breathtaking red carpet ensemble.
Robin Wright sticks to cream, white, and black when it comes to her red carpet dressing. I am sure that Robin will wear black on the Emmy Red carpet. I picked this Valentino Fall 2015 Couture sheer chiffon gown for Robin. I think that this gown is sexy yet very chic, with a hint of 70's disco glamour. Robin isn't expected to win this year so couture might be a little out of her reach on this red carpet. Finish with a black clutch, black Christian Louboutin pumps, and a pair of Van Cleef & Arpels yellow gold set diamond drop earrings to ensure that this is an impact making black dress.
Annalists are predicting that Taraji P. Henson has a high chance of winning the Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role in a Drama Series for her role as Cookie on the Fox series "Empire." I would love to see Taraji wear a custom Donna Karan Atelier gown in a bold color but to pick a runway look I had to go with this black and white Donna Karan Resort 2016 strapless gown with a stunning chest bow that would make this look stand out from other black and white gowns. Accessorized with a silver embellished clutch, a pair of silver embellished evening sandals, and a pair of stunning diamond drop earrings will keep the focus on the gown while adding just enough sparkle. I would love to see Taraji wear her hair up and back so that it won't compete with the bodice of the gown and finish with a red lip to ensure that she looks amazing whether she wins an Emmy or not.
"Orphan Black" star Tatiana Maslany has been perpetually snubbed through at last years Emmy Awards and the 2015 Golden Globe Awards so I am interested to see what she will bring to the red carpet for her first major red carpet as a nominee. This cucumber green Marchesa Resort 2016 one shoulder sculpted gown would be a very elegant option for Tatiana to wear on the Emmy Awards red carpet. While she is not excepted to win she still needs to put her best foot forward and to do so I would add a pair of metallic gold Christian Louboutin sandals, a metallic gold clutch, and some simple diamond cluster earrings set in yellow gold. Finished with a chic low bun and a light pink lip and I know that Tatiana will be a dark horse to keep and eye out for.
Finally for today I am wishing that "How To Get Away With Murder" star Viola Davis to wear this pink Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture sleeveless ball gown. Viola is in a tight race with annalists against Taraji P. Henson for the Emmy Award and I am expecting that both will be on tip top form when they step on to the red carpet. I personally love Viola in "HTGAWM" so she is the one that I am pulling for and I am hoping that she takes home the trophy. I think that this is a dramatic gown that I have picked for Viola, some might say that it is to much for the Emmy Awards, but I believe that this is a look befitting a winner. Finished with gold sandals, gold clutch, and a pair of cluster diamond earrings and Viola will look amazing on the red carpet which ever way the trophy goes.

I will be live tweeting this years Emmy Awards red carpet and telecast with Kelly from Dream In Lace on September 20. I hope you will follow me and Kelly on Twitter and join in on the conversation! I am excited as this is our awards tradition now, so pop your bubbly and join in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment