Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

2015 Venice Film Festival: Closing Ceremony Red Carpet Wish List

I will be extremely sad to see the 2015 Venice Film Festival come to an end. This years festival is shaping up to be one of the most star studded and glamorous yet. A major helping hand in that is the fashion star studded juries. Diane Kruger has shown us before, being on the juries of the Berlin and Cannes Film Festivals, that she knows a thing or two about dressing for a film festival red carpet and I am very much looking forward to seeing what she will rock during Venice. For the closing ceremony I picked this avant garde Maison Margiela Fall 2015 Couture sand colored tiered column gown. This gown needs someone with a bold presence to be able to pull it off and Diane has that presence. This look reminds me of the days of Christian Lacroix Haute Couture, evoking a sense of deconstructed courtesan. A chic 40s style updo, a pair if yellow gold and diamond tassel earrings, a gold box clutch, and a pair of gold sandals are all would be needed to ensure that this is a winning look to close out Diane's run at the 2015 Venice Film Festival.
Elizabeth Banks is also one to contend with on the red carpet. I am sure that over the course of this year Venice Film Festival we will see stunning looks from Elie Saab, Armani Prive, & Atelier Versace on Elizabeth. I was looking for something dramatic to round out my wish list for Elizabeth and the moment I saw this dark green Zuhair Murad Fall 2015 Couture embellished cape gown I knew I had found what I was looking for. On the runway the cape was presented as a cold shoulder sleeve, for Elizabeth on the Venice Film Festival red carpet I would except her arms to be over the cape instead. I don't think that the look would loose any of it's drama by doing so, in fact I believe that by doing so it would make the look more elegant giving Elizabeth a dramatic yet elegant offering. Accessorized with a dark green Rauwolf clutch, a pair of dark green sandals, and pair of diamond cluster earrings and finished with a red lip and chic updo Elizabeth would end Venice on a highly glamorous level. 
Paz Vega is on a side jury to the main completion unlike Diane and Elizabeth but I am see that she will have just as glamorous an offering as either of the previously mentioned. For the 2015 Venice Film Festival closing ceremony I picked this stunning Armani PrivĂ© Fall 2015 Couture ombrĂ© silk fringe gown with a sexy low neckline. Many would liken this dress to a high fashion Muppet and I would agree if it was not worn by someone who knows how to work a red carpet ensemble with conviction and Paz definitely has that conviction. The models were even styled on the runway to have wigs that are similar to Paz's current hairstyle. Finish the look with simple black accessories and a light pink lip and this look is sure to stand out on the red carpet. 

Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook during the 2015 Venice Film Festival, which runs from September 2 to September 12, to keep on top of all the looks that come down the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment