Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

#TIFF2015: "Trumbo" & "The Lobster" Premieres Wish List

Hi everyone! I am sorry yet again for neglecting the site. I have a bunch of stuff in drafts that is ready to be written but with my move of homes and then my move back to and starting my senior semester of college I have just been so busy that I haven't really had a chance to do any writing. I will keep on top of things for the rest of the year from here on out. Lots of big things coming up in the next few weeks and I am excited to be able to share my thoughts on them with you. The Toronto International Film Festival is one of these events and I am excited to see Elle Fanning is on the excepted stars to appear list for her film "Trumbo." Elle's style has been slowly growing on me, although she is still hit or miss I find myself liking more and more of her choices as she grows up. For this premiere I would love to see Elle wear this sweet Giambattista Valli Fall 2015 RTW floral organza ruffled cocktail dress which features a sheath silhouette with a ruffled mock neck, a floral lace appliqued bib, & flared cuffs. I think this 60s mod style dress is perfect for a 17 year old actress. Finished with a pair of pink pumps & pulled back hair this could be a hit for Elle's red carpet portfolio.
At 70 Helen Mirren still knows how to bring the sexy to the red carpet in a chic and sophisticated way. I am looking forward to seeing what her offerings at the Toronto International Film Festival will be. I picked this indigo Cushnie et Ochs Resort 2016 long sleeve fit and flare dress with a rounded neckline and ankle length hemline. I think that despite being so covered that this dress just exudes sophisticated sex appeal and Helen would make this look just as sultry as the model. A pair of black peep or pointed toe pumps and a pair of diamond cluster earring would ensure that Helen delivers on the "Trumbo" premiere red carpet.
Lea Seydoux is going to be a very busy woman on the promotional tours this fall. "The Lobster," which first premiered at Cannes in May, and "Spectre" are both going to have a lot of stops for the French actress. If anyone can handle the pressure of delivering good look after good look it is definitely going to be Lea. Mostly loyal to Prada and Miu Miu, I am hoping that Lea will step out in other designers as well. Recently if Lea hasn't worn Prada/Miu Miu she has been spotted out in Elie Saab. I am hoping that Lea chooses this tea length Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture embroidered and embellished sleeveless gown for the TIFF premiere of "The Lobster." I think that this elegant offering would look so chic on the French actress who has the grace and elegance to make this look 5x more chic that it was on the runway. A pair of gold Prada sandals and a pink lip would finish this sweet look off perfectly for Lea, who has the potential to win Best Promo Tour, Red Carpet Diva, & Best Brand Ambassador come the End of the Year Style Awards in December.
Rachel Weisz is another that is either hit or miss for me on the red carpet. Her photocall looks at Cannes were amazing but the looks that she picked for the red carpets were just a little lackluster. I would love to see Rachel wearing this dusty rose Balenciaga Resort 2016 strapless midi cocktail dress with flocked detail on the bodice. This simple silhouette is perfect for a red carpet look for Rachel as she is one who doesn't like a fussy red carpet ensemble. Finished with a pair of simple silver sandals, a pair of cluster diamond earrings and a chic updo and Rachel will slay the TIFF red carpet. 

Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook during the 2015 Venice Film Festival, which runs from September 2 to September 12, to keep on top of all the looks that come down the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment