Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

2015 Venice Film Festival: "Black Mass" Premiere Wish List

"Black Mass" is the second of two films, the first being "A Bigger Splash", that Dakota Johnson will be premireing during the 2015 Venice Film Festival and I gotta say that I am nervous because I have not been Dakota's biggest fan. For the photocall I picked this purple lace Gucci Resort 2016 shirt dress. Dakota was front row when Alessandro Michele presented his first Resort collection for Gucci back in May in New York City and I am hoping that Dakota picks up a look for two from the collection, as shown by the gown I picked for her to wear for the "A Bigger Splash" premiere. I think that Dakota should keep the look with a yellow shoe but opt for a lighter sandal for this photocall. For the premiere I picked this shocking pink Schiaparelli Spring 2015 Couture bias cut gown with a sensual abstract human anatomy print. I think that this would be an elegant offering from Dakota but I am expecting her to wear a custom Christian Dior or Saint Laurent design for this premiere. A black clutch, a pair of black sandals, simple diamond drop earrings, and a light pink lippie would finish this look off in such an elegant way even though I expect we will see Dakota wear either black or white for her premiere.
I have to say that I am probably the most excited to see what the members of the feature film jury wear on the red carpet because Diane Kruger and Elizabeth Banks are two of my favorite to see on the red carpet and I can not wait to see what they bring to Venice. For the "Black Mass" premiere I have picked this Alberta Ferretti Fall 2015 Demi-Couture printed chiffon ballgown. The gowns print is actually taken straight from the walls of Alberta Ferretti's new Parisian offices and I have to say that there aren't many that I could see pulling this look off and Diane is one of them. Only thing that I think could put Diane off from wearing this look is the fact that Elizabeth Banks wore a similar style by Elie Saab Couture for the "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" premiere in London last year and it became one of the most buzzed about looks of the year. If Diane were to still go for this look I would pair it with a gold clutch and gold sandals and a chic updo to ensure that the look is all about the stunning gown and not the accessories.
Elizabeth Banks will look stunning I am sure at every premiere that she attends during the course of the 2015 Venice Film Festival. For the "Black Mass" premiere I chose to put Elizabeth in this stunning Alexander McQueen Resort 2016 figure hugging gown completely embellished with different flowers. I think that this is an edgy choice and if anyone can make an edgy choice look extremely glamorous it is Elizabeth, I mean she does pull off all of Effie Trinkets costumes with great aplomb in "The Hunger Games." This is a look that needs to be styled very simply. I would pair this look with a pair of black peep toe pump and a small black clutch, finishing the look with old Hollywood waves and a red lip to add a touch of glamour to the look.

Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook during the 2015 Venice Film Festival, which runs from September 2 to September 12, to keep on top of all the looks that come down the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment