Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

#Emmys2015: Oustanding Actress in a Supporting Role in a Drama Nominee Wish List

The performance that Christina Hendricks gave in the  final season of "Mad Men" is looking like it is going to earn her her first Emmy Award. Having been nominated 5 times before hopefully sixth times a charm for the stunning strawberry blonde actress. I tend to love Christina in a gown and I know that with this being her last nominated Emmy Awards for a while she will be bringing her a game. I picked this stunning purple Romona Kevesa Fall 2015 RTW one shouldered draped silk gown for Christina because it would accentuate her famous curves and just give a fluid silhouette and who can go wrong with a dramatic train? Go big or go home for your last nominated Emmy Awards right? I would add some simple sparkle to this gown via a pair of diamond cluster earrings and a black Edie Parker clutch. Finish the look with a pair of black sandals, old Hollywood waves, and a red lip and Christina will undoubtedly end up on the Best Dressed List.
"The Good Wife" star and nominee Christine Baranski has a wonderful red carpet relationship with New York based designer Zac Posen and I am sure that she will wear one of his creations on 2015 Emmy Awards red carpet. I picked this navy knot front silk charmeuse Zac Posen Resort 2016 gown that features a draped shawl neckline with a knotted detail at the front, long sleeves with pleats at the wrists, and a form fitting fluted silhouette with a train at the back. I love Diane in navy and I think that this gown is different from anything that she has worn on the red carpet before which is perfect for the Emmy Awards red carpet. I would finish this look off with a black clutch, pair of black sandals, and simple diamond earrings to ensure that the dress is the stand out of this look.
Emilia Clarke tends to rock the red carpet and I am sure that she will continue to do so at the 2015 Emmy Awards. The "Game of Thrones" star is one of the few who I can see being able to snag a couture gown for the the Emmy Awards red carpet and I am really hoping that she does. Usually a floor length gown is a dress code requirement for anyone over the age of 18 at these type of red carpet events, but I think that this Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture strapless tea length embroidered floral lace gown is perfect for Emilia. Since the gown is such a statement I would suggest that Emilia keep the styling very simple wearing just a pair of diamond cluster earrings, a pair of silver sandals, and a red lip to ensure that the focus is kept on this stunning couture gown.
Joanne Froggatt surprisingly won the 2015 Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series over many that were expected to win, will she do so again at the 2015 Emmy Awards? Critics are saying that is highly unlikely but I am sure Joanne will be on point on the red carpet anyway. I picked this Oscar de la Renta Resort 2016 teal & magenta strapless sweetheart gown which features ruching at the A-line waist and a column skirt with raffia embroidery and beading at the front and a back vent. I would keep the matching magenta belt that the gown was presented with on the runway and add a pair of gold sandals and a gold clutch to finish this look off for the Emmys red carpet.
"Orange is the New Black's" Uzo Aduba has what it takes to knock Christina Hendricks off the top and take home this years Supporting Actress Drama award at the Emmy Awards and, much like last year, I am sure that she will be working on top form. Last year Uzo sizzled in a sexy red Christian Siriano gown and this year I am hoping to see Uzo go the more glamorous and froufrou princess route. I think that this peacock blue Marchesa Resort 2015 strapless tulle ruffled ball gown is perfect for a major awards show red carpet. This is the look a winner would wear. Styled with a matching Edie Parker clutch, a pair of silver sandals, a pair of stunning drop earrings, a sleek updo, and a red lip would ensure that Uzo really is the belle of the ball.

I will be live tweeting this years Emmy Awards red carpet and telecast with Kelly from Dream In Lace on September 20. I hope you will follow me and Kelly on Twitter and join in on the conversation! I am excited as this is our awards tradition now, so pop your bubbly and join in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment