Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Critics Choice Awards Wish List Part 1

The Critics Choice Awards is the first major red carpet awards ceremony of the 2013 Awards Season. Coinciding with the announcement of the 2013 Academy Award Nominations on January 10th I am looking forward to seeing all the stars step out in their red carpet glam for the award show. Amanda Seyfried is not directly nominated for an award but her film 'Les Miserables' is nominated for Best Acting Ensemble and Best Picture. Amanda could end up attending the event as just a guest or a presenter. I wold love to see her wear this black Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2013 gown. I think that this gown is extremely elegant and show stopping without the power to upstage her nominated co-stars as well as the other nominees. Pair this gown with a gold and black Alexander McQueen clutch, a gold cuff, and some black and gold pumps and she is set to wow on the red carpet.
Anne Hathaway has been wowing me on the red carpet since she has cut off all of her hair. The edgy pixie cut that she did for her role as Fantine in 'Les Miserables' has given Anne a whole new look on the red carpet wearing edgy looks that she never would have looked at in the past. I would love to see Anne wear this amazing teal J. Mendel Spring 2013 RTW gown for the 2013 Critics Choice Awards. Anne is nomnated for Best Supporting Actress for 'Les Miserables' and has a running chance at winning the award. I would love to see her walk home with the Critcs Choice Award and a Best Dressed Award. Pair tis gown with a silver box clutch, some silver or teal strappy sandals, and some amazing Chopard diamonds and she is set to stun whether she takes home the trophy or not.
Also nominated for Best Supporting Actress with Anne Hathaway, is Amy Adams for her film 'The Master.' I would love to see Amy wow me, but she is either a huge hit or she is a big flop for me on the red carpet there is rarely an in between with Amy. For this event I have chosen this 1920's inspired gown from one of Amy's go to designers L'Wren Scott's Spring 2013 RTW collection. I have to say that L'Wren Scott designs have almost become stale on the red carpet because of people like Nicole Kidman who wear every look in the collection and they all have the same design ascetic. This is one of the few that I am in love with. Amy would pair this gown with a black clutch and some black Brian Atwood 'Wagner' pumps.
Elle Fanning is not one of my favorites on the red carpet. Since her debut on the red carpet in 2010 I have not been in love with one of her looks. This is because she tends to wear things that are either down right ugly or they wash her out. I had a hard time trying to pick a gown for Elle, but I ultimately decided upon this Valentino Spring 2013 RTW gown. Elle wears these 1970's style gowns often and the style can usually work but the styling usually doesn't. First of all I would love to see Elle dye her hair back to the red color she was sporting last summer as it helps not wash her out. Then the styling would be a bold purple clutch, and some black strappy sandals. If she takes my advice she very well may end up hearing high praises from me as she walks the red carpet at this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment