Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Golden Globe Awards Wish List: The Hostesses

The funny ladies of NBC are hosting the Golden Globe Awards this year. Amy Pohler is one of the lovely ladies. Now when we think of Amy we don't necessarily think of outstanding red carpet style. Well as an event hostess Amy will have to step up her game if she is going to make the required multiple costume changes throughout the event. For the red carpet I would love to see Amy wear this powder blue Bibhu Mohapatra Spring 2012 RTW. I think that this gown is totally within Amy's red carpet style. 
For the actual production here are my wishes for Amy. First we have a cream Naeem Khan Spring 2013 RTW gown. I think that this gown is simple yet different in an extremely good way, finish this off with some gold strappy heels and she is ready to open the show. The mint Peter Som Resort 2013 gown is something that Amy would stereotypically pick out for a red carpet appearance, so why wouldn't she wear something that is totally in her comfort zone. I love the yellow J. Mendel Fall 2012 RTW gown and I think that Amy would look amazing in this design. The color would look amazing on her. Finally I have this black TadashI Shoji Spring 2013 RTW gown. I was not a huge fan of this look when I saw it walk the runway in New York Fashion Week in September, but looking at it now it is the perfect gown for Amy.

I am more looking forward to seeing Tina Fey walk the red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards. I have grown to start to appreciate Tina' s style and think that of the two hostesses that Tina will definitely be the one to bring the fashion factor. For the red carpet I would love to see Tina wear this stunning draped Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013 gown. Tina tends to wear a lot of black on the red but every so often she steps out of that box and wows w wearing a bold color like the red of this gown. Finish this look with a gold clutch, gold pumps, and some simple gold jewelry and Tina is on her way to a best dressed position.
Never thought I would say that I believe that Tina Fey would be the one to bring the fashion factor but I am expecting some amazing looks from her during the duration of the telecast. I would love to see Tina open the show in a show stopping manner wearing this dot printed Naeem Khan Fall 2012 RTW gown. I have seen another dress from this collection that has the same print up close and personal and it is a spectacular pattern and would turn many heads for sure. Next I have chosen this white, black, and gold Oscar de la Renta Spring 2013 RTW gown. This gown was one of my favorites from all of the spring collections and I think that Tina would look fantastic in this creation. Follow that up with the gown that I wished for her to wear to the 2012 Emmy Awards, a stunning L' Wren Scott Fall 2012 RTW purple velvet gown. This gown is old Hollywood glam and Tina would look fantastic in this design. I would have Tina finish off the evening wearing this stunning Elie Saab Resort 2013 black beaded gown. This gown was made to sparkle under hundreds of bright stage lights and would make a dramatic end to the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment