Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

2013 BAFTA Awards: Nominee Wish List Part 1

Amy Adams has been looking really pretty on the red carpet as of late but in very simple designs. I think that this Roland Mouret Pre-Fall 2013 gown would be absolutely perfect for Amy and the BAFTA Awards. This gown is great for the gold night London weather. Pair this with a black clutch, and some black peep toe pumps and I think she has a winning look on her side.
Andrea Riseborough was one of my Ones to Watch in 2012 after the stunning looks she showcased at the end of 2011 but she really let me down wearing a lot of dumpy looks. The star is being honored with a special rising star award and I am hoping to see her wear something that takes my breath away. This nude leather laser cut Giles Spring 2013 RTW tea length dress would be an absolutely amazing pick for her for this event especially if she modified it into a full length gown. Finish this look with gold Charlotte Olympia pumps and a gold clutch to finish off this edgy look.
I have been having a heard time identifying Anne Hathaway's red carpet style. I feel like she is trying to revert back to her princessy classy choices of the past and I do not feel like they are working with her short hair like the edgy looks that she has been wearing do. Well for the BAFTA Awards I think that this 30's inspired black Alberta Ferretti Pre-Fall 2013 gown would be perfect. Its not the typical 'Anne Hathaway Princess Gown' of the past while not necessarily being extremely edgy either like the looks that I would kill to see her wear are. Finish this look with a black and silver Edie Parker clutch, black sandals, and simple jewels and I may fall in love with my first Anne Hathaway red carpet look in several red carpet appearances.
Elizabeth Olson was another one of my Ones to Watch in 2012 but again she really let me down wearing less than worthy looks that aged her incredibly. For the 2013 BAFTA Awards where she is nominated for Best Young Actress I would love to see the star wear this Chanel Pre-Fall 2013 gown. The black French empire style gown that actually features a pair of black pants incorporated into the look would be a great choice for the star who has shone in Chanel before. Finish this look with a black satin Chanel clutch and some black pumps and I think she will be back on top of my best dressed lists yet again.
When it comes to the red carpet I either love or hate what Helen Hunt wears on the red carpet and on her past few outings I have not been a fan of her looks. I am hoping to see the star redeem herself at the 2013 BAFTA Awards wearing this mauve Badgley Mischka Spring 2013 RTW gown. I think that this is the simple gown with a twist that Helen goes for normally, the twist being the beaded halter of the gown. A gunmetal colored clutch and matching sandals would be the perfect finishing touches for this look and no jewelry for the star who tends to go overboard with the borrowed bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment