Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

2013 Independent Spirit Awards Wish List Part 1

Anna Kendrick is an Independent Spirit Awards red carpet regular attending every year to support the type of film that have made her famous. For this years event, which takes place on Saturday night right before the Oscars on Sunday, I would love to see Anna wear this black satin Alberta Ferretti Pre-Fall 2013 cocktail dress embellished with beads, sequins, and feathers. This is a very 60's mod style dress and I think that Anna would look stunning in this design. I have not had a red carpet home run from Anna in a very long time and I know that she has the potential. One department that she usually lets me down in on the red carpet anymore is the shoe department. She used to have great shoe game wearing statement shoes but has recently been wearing a lot of red carpet standard Giuseppe Zanotti, Salvatore Ferragamo, and Brian Atwood pumps and this disapoints me from the girl who was daring enough to pair a blue and black leopard print Marchesa dress with bold yellow Jimmy Choo sandals just a few short years ago. I would pair this dress with the Gianvito Rossi Spring 2012 collection white and black tuxedo peep toe sandal, no clutch, 60's style hair, and simple jewelry to complete the red carpet look.
The nominees for the Academy Awards usually attend the Independent Spirit Awards the night before their big night to support and cheer on the independent films because this is where a lot of them started their careers and they want to support those that are following in their footsteps. These are a much less formal event lots of cocktail dresses, formal pants and jumpsuits, and flowing maxi dresses. I have decided to put Helen Hunt in this stunning rust colored Roland Mouret Pre-Fall 2013 dress with a lace top and silk skirt. I think that this is an elegant age and event appropriate option for the star that has not had the best awards season run. She has to keep the black waist bad as it keeps this look from looking to dumpy; add a black clutch and some simple black sandals and Helen has a simple winning look which she hasn't had many of this awards season.
Jennifer Lawrence was on a roll of actually making me like some of her red carpet looks around the time of the SAG's but then attended the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon in a Chloe dress that looked like a bath towel wrapped around her with just the up-most horrible styling that I almost wanted to claw my eyes out. Now I have heard that Jennifer has been being styled by Rachel Zoe who's work on Anne Hathaway lately hasn't been thrilling me either, so maybe there is hope but I'm not sure. As a current face of Dior I think that the option of this amazing strapless floral bustier and black tapered pants from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture collection. I think that this would be a look that Jennifer is more comfortable with on the red carpet, as she has stated that she isn't a huge fan of dolling herself up for the red carpet. Finish this ensemble with a pair of black satin Casadei 'Blade' pumps, a black clutch would be the perfect pairings for this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment