Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2013 Independent Spirit Awards Wish List Part 2

At last years Independent Spirit Awards Jessica Chastain wore the equivalent of an Armani Prive stewardess suit. I was extremely disappointed in her decision so I am hoping to see her redeem herself on this red carpet. To help her do so I have picked this elegant Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture black tulle cocktail dress with orange, yellow, lime, and cobalt embellishments. This dress would obviously have to be lined for the red carpet. A simple pair of gold sandals would be an amazing accent to this statement making dress.
During New York Fashion Week Marchesa launched their Fall 2013 RTW collection and there are a lot of beautiful gowns (you will get your first taste tomorrow) but there were no simple looks for a more casual event. I am highly disappointed that I have not seen more of the Marchesa Spring 2013 RTW collection on the red carpet and I think that Naomi Watts would look stunning in this burnt orange dress. I LOVE this dress and I think that Naomi is one of the few that could make this dress work and I really don't want to see it end up in the Marchesa archive forever. A gold box clutch and gold sandals would be the perfect accessories for this stunning creation.
Every year Olivia Wilde attends the Independent Spirit Awards wearing a floral print maxi dress and even though I have come to expect it, she always looks stunning. For this years awards I would love to see her wear this creation from the Ralph Lauren Spring 2013 RTW collection. I think that this would look amazing on Olivia the coloring and cut are great for her body. Finisht his look with a metallic gold clutch, black sandals, and some layered gold necklaces and I think that Olivia would have another casual elegant gown look.
Zoe Saldana was on hand in December to announce the nominations for the 2013 Independent Spirit Awards, and the ladies who announce the nominees always attend the event. There has been something off about Zoe's red carpet style lately as she hasn't wowed me in a very long time. I am hoping that Saturday night she will break the trend and wow me wearing this canary yellow Giambattista Valli Spring 2013 Couture dress. There are not many ladies out there that have the confidence needed to successfully pull off this dress. I am obsessed with seeing Zoe wear many looks from this collection as her name was written all over several of the looks (hence this is the third different look from this collection that I want to see her wear). Some gold strappy sandals and a gold metallic clutch are the perfect accessories for this amazing dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment