Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing Party Wish List Part 2

Nina Dobrev is one of my favorites to see on the red carpet. Since her now famous red carpet moment in red Donna Karan at the 2011 Emmy Awards which landed her on Best Dressed of the Year Lists (including my own) she has been a forced to be reckoned with on the red carpet. I love seeing her in bold jewel tone colors as she has the perfect complexion to pull off these rich colors and I think that this emerald green Monique Lhuillier Fall 2013 RTW long sleeved embellished gown would be perfect for the 'The Vampire Diaries' star to wear for the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing Gala. This gown would look amazing with some old Hollywood hair, a pair of gunmetal grey sandals, and some amazing emerald and diamond earrings and ring from event sponsor Chopard to complete this amazing look.
Paz Vega is a regular at the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing Gala and she usually attends in a neutral gown. This year I would like for her to stick to the designer that won her the top spot on my best dressed of the year list, Stephane Rolland, who she also wore for last years EJAF Oscar Gala. This year I would love to see her wear this structured draped Stephane Rolland Spring 2013 couture white gown with green embellishments on the hips. I know many of you may not like this dress and I can already hear what Joan Rivers at E!'s Fashion Police would say about this dress but I think that this would be an amazing choice for Paz Vega. Finish this look off with gold sandals and some emerald Chopard jewels and I think you would be pleasantly surprised by how well this translated from runway to reality.
Rashida Jones is the final co-chair of this event and she is one that I usually find fault with on the red carpet. The actress likes to cover up on the top  and usually does so wearing a basic black tuxedo jacket over the fabulous dresses that she wears. I think that this deep brown Elie Saab Spring 2013 RTW gown would be perfect for her and now that she is being styled by Brad Goreski I am actually hoping that she does get to wear this. Hair in soft curls and the runway pumps are all that are needed to make this amazing red carpet look. And Rashida keep that tux jacket far away from this stunning gown.
Rose McGowan is another HUGE AIDS activist who attends several gala events to raise money and awareness with amFAR and EJAF. Well for this years EJAF Oscar Gala I would love to see Rose wear this amazing red Reem Acra Spring 2013 RTW gown. Rose looks stunning in red and with her new blonde hair I think she would look like a blonde bombshell in this dress. Finish this look with red strappy sandals and some simple jewels and Rose is ready for a major red carpet moment.
Zhang Ziyi has been back on the international red carpet scene lately promoting her latest film 'The Grandmaster.' I hope that she star that has been an repeat visitor to the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Gala and I would love to see her walk the red carpet again this year. I think that this amazing embellished Valentino Pre-Fall 2013 black tiered gown. This is something that would look extremely grandma on some but I think would look amazingly elegant on Zhang. Add a black Swarovski clutch, black strappy jeweled sandals, and bold emerald Chopard jewelry to finish off this classic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment