Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

2013 Vanity Fair Oscar After-Party Wish List Part 1

After seeing all the New York Fashion Week Fall 2013 RTW collections I have changed my wish for Anne Hathaway to wear to the Oscars ceremony and you will see the new dramatic gown in a few days on the 20th. Well the reason she is on the wish list for the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar Party is that after wearing a big gown (yes the new gown is just as grand and dramatic as the last) I am sure that Anne would love to wear something much less grand to party the night away celebrating her inevitable win for her role as Fantine in 'Les Miserables.' I think that this gilver (a gold and silver mixture) Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2013 beaded fringe gown would be a great pick for the star for the after parties. Jimmy Choo sandals, the matching Oscar de la Renta runway clutch, and simple diamond jewelry would look amazing for the simpler look for the night.
This is a favorite look from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture collection. I am really loving this trend of formal pants for women on the red carpet lately and I think that this couture bustier paired with tapered black pants would be perfect for Cameron Diaz to wear for the Vanity Fair Oscar After Party. I think that this look on Cameron would be able to hold its own and stand out in a see of evening gowns and cocktail dresses. Finish this look with an orange and gold Anya Hindmarch clutch, black peep toe pumps, and simple jewelery to let the statement making look do all the talking and I think I may have my first favorite Cameron Diaz look in a long time.
I have been dying to see this amazing blue star print Jason Wu Spring 2013 RTW gown on Diane Kruger since it first walked the runway in September of 2012. With the new Fall 2013 collection released just last week in New York I am afraid that this gown is going to die and land forever in the Jason Wu archive closet. So I say to Diane that this is really the last chance that I have to see this gown and since she hasn't worn it yet please make all my Spring 2013 dreams come true and wear my favorite gown of the season! A pair of black sandals, a black clutch, and simple jewels will be all that are needed to accessorize this look.
Every year at the Vanity Fair Oscar After-Party Elizabeth Banks puts on her unofficial brand ambassador hat for Versace and wears a stunning dress be it couture, vintage, or ready to wear. This year I would love to see Elizabeth wear this amazing black beaded halter neck Atelier Versace Spring 2013 Couture gown. Now before anyone asks, yes, I do want her to remove those hideous fur epaulettes. They are hideous. Sleek hair, simple diamond jewelry, a black clutch, and black strappy sandals would make me jump up and down for joy.
Emma Stone always wears Chanel to the Vanity Fair Oscar After-Party and I do not think that she should change that as it has been a winning partnership to this point. For this years event I would love to see this amazing white and floral gown from the Chanel Spring 2013 Couture collection. As soon as I saw this amazing gown walk the runway in January I immediately saw Emma Stone wearing it at this event. I am hoping to see this wish come true. Finish the look with a pair of gold sandals and some simple jewelry and I will be falling over with her on this red carpet.
Ginnifer Goodwin usually opts for a cocktail dress when choosing her ensemble for the Vanity Fair Oscar After-Party and I am not going to stray from that. I have chosen to place Ginnifer in this amazing sherbert orange Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2013 gown. I think that this would look adorable on the star who has been a pleasure to see on the red carpet and rarely has a misstep. Finish this look with a gold Oscar de la Renta clutch, strappy gold Jimmy Choo sandals, and vintage Van Cleef & Arpels jewelery with stones to match and compliment the orange dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment