Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

2015 AFI Fest: "Carol" Premiere Wish List

Whilst this year Cate Blanchett has not been a disaster most of the queens red carpet looks have not been up to the incredibly high standards that she has continued to set for herself. I have not been in love with one of her looks since her black Armani Prive gown at the Cannes Film Festival. I am hoping that when she steps out for the 2015 AFI Fest premiere of "Carol" that Cate is back on form. I picked this black and white mirror embellished Marc Jacobs Resort 2016 structured "shirt" dress for her because I think that this edgy masculine meets feminine ensemble is perfect for Cate to wear for this red carpet. A sleek hairstyle, a red lip, black clutch, and a pair of black sandals will ensure that Cate is back on top form.
With Cate not being a complete favorite Rooney Mara has been consistently wowing me on the red carpet, and I am hoping that she will continue to do so at the AFI Fest premiere of "Carol." Rooney has been sticking to her black and white box but picking interesting looks so that nothing is left to be called boring. I am surprised that Rooney has not worn a single Givenchy look so far this year and I am awaiting that moment on the red carpet. I love how Rooney's romantic gothic style is perfectly punctuated by the soft romantic styles of Givenchy. I think that this white silk and lace Givenchy Spring 2016 RTW ensemble is a perfect look for Rooney to wear on this red carpet. Finish with a pair of silver sandals and Audrey Hepburn inspired beauty and Rooney will be perfectly poised to a major red carpet moment in one of her favorite designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment