Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

2015 Hollywood Film Awards Wish List Part 1

Sunday night are the 2015 Hollywood Film Awards, the kickoff of the race to the Oscars, and I gotta say that I am extremely excited to see what all the stars will rock on the red carpet. What I love about the Hollywood Film Awards is that they announce honorees and its one of the more laid back awards shows, everyone knows who's one and it's basically just a gala celebrating all of the honorees. Alicia Vikander is being honored with the Hollywood Breakout Actress, which she has earned thanks to her performance in "The Danish Girl." I have been loving almost everything that Alicia has been wearing this second half of the year and she is the only Louis Vuitton brand ambassador that I am actually enjoying seeing on the red carpet. I am wishing though that Alicia will put LV on the back burner in favor of other brands for Sunday night's awards. I picked this this Prabal Gurung Spring 2016 RTW tea rose ensemble which includes a crepe de chine blouse and chiffon fitted evening skirt with coiled pleating details and a slightly flared hem because I think that the relaxed elegance of this gown is perfect for Alicia's no fuss glamour. I think Alicia would definitely be giving people something to talk about while wearing this gown. A gold Louis Vuitton clutch (so that she is still representing the brand), a pair of gold Jimmy Choo sandals, and a chic upswept hairstyle would be the perfect finishing touches to keep Alicia on top form for this red carpet as she starts her Oscar campaign.
I still have very little faith that funny lady Amy Schumer will give me anything worth loving on the red carpet, she is starting to develop fashion interests but they are still in their fledgling days. With that in mind Amy will be on hand Sunday night at the Hollywood Film Awards to accept the Hollywood Comedy Award thanks to the movie "Trainwreck," which she wrote in stared in this summer. I love Amy's womanly curves, I just think that she hasn't learned to dress them yet. I picked this embroidered Bibhu Mohapatra Spring 2016 RTW halter neck keyhole pencil dress for Amy for this red carpet because one can never go wrong with a perfectly tailored pencil dress and the embroidery and color blocked neck make this dress anything but basic. Some might say that this look is do demure, ladylike, and proper for Amy who is known for her crude type of humor (I find her to be incredibly funny) but I think that she should explore absolutely every option when it comes to red carpet dressing to find out what is the best fit for her. Now where Amy had a great gown at the Emmy Awards ( a beautiful custom Zac Posen) her hair was a hot ass mess, and Amy you can still do a comedy routine about being a trainwreck and not always look like one. A sleek low bun and a light pink lip are the perfect beauty choices to keep that chic and elegant look that the gown is giving. Finish off with a pair of nude Christian Louboutin pumps and a gold clutch and Amy will for sure have a beautiful moment on the Hollywood Film Awards red carpet.
I can not say how happy I am to see Carey Mulligan finally getting back to the woman that I fell in love with back in 2010 (when I named her Best Newcomer on my old blog LoveIt or HateIt.) Carey has had major moments in Chanel, Alexander McQueen, & Marc Jacobs while promoting "Suffragette" and I am hoping that Sunday night when she receives the Hollywood Actress Award for her work on the film that she keeps it up. I picked this Victorian floral Alexander McQueen Spring 2016 RTW one shoulder gown gown for Carey because of its relaxed glamour. Carey is usually very no muss no fuss when it comes to red carpet dressing and this gown I think would be a beautiful moment for the British actress on the red carpet. This collection was one of my top collections of all the Spring 2016 RTW shows and I am praying that we see a lot of it on the red carpet and what better way to kick off the race to the Academy Awards than in Alexander McQueen.
When I saw that Jane Fonda is going to be honored with the Hollywood Supporting Actress Award for her work in the film "Youth" I got very excited. Jane has not had a good run promoting this film first the disastrous Schiaparelli gown at Cannes and then the dated Yves Saint Laurent Couture at the Toronto International Film Festival and I am hoping that Sunday we will see Jane back on her top form. I decided to pick a pantsuit for Jane for this red carpet because this has been the year of the amazing trouser looks from Jane. First it was Balmain at the Grammy Awards, then Zuhair Murad Couture at the Vanity Fair Oscar Part, and then Elie Saab recently and I think that adding Atelier Versace to that mix is the only natural progression. Some of my favorite looks from Jane have been courtesy of Versace and I think that this would be no different. This Atelier Versace Spring 2014 Couture white pantsuit with silver embellishment on the jacket is something that I think Jane would rock the hell out of. I think that this suit paired with a white chiffon pussy bow blouse, a pair of silver metallic Christian Louboutin pumps, and a silver clutch would make for a killer moment for Jane on this red carpet and start off her Oscar campaign quite nicely,

No comments:

Post a Comment