Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 AFI Awards Honorees Wish List



Emma Stone is one of my favorite stars on the red carpet because she is always bringing something different to the red carpet each time she steps out. The young star may not have ever worn Balmain before, but someone who can get Chanel Couture and Balenciaga should have no trouble convincing Balmain to lend her a dress. This Balmain Spring 2012 RTW dress would look amazing on the red headed actress with its pink, blue, and gold accents on the white backdrop. I think that a pair of gold strappy sandals and a gold clutch with her hair worn up would just put the perfect finishing touches on this look




Emma Watson is part of the cast of "Harry Potter", which is being honored as an AFI Special Award Recipient for the entire series, which makes me believe that Emma may just attend. If she does, I would like her to wear this Chanel Pre-Fall 2012 dress with a black crystal embellished top and draped purple skirt. I think that Emma would look stunning in this creation. A pair of gunmetal strappy sandals and a matching clutch would be the perfect topping to this ensemble.




Jessica Chastain has had a horrible run on the red carpet lately and I would love to help her turn that around at the 2012 AFI Awards Luncheon by telling her to wear this black and white Oscar de la Renta Spring 2012 RTW dress. I think that this is just such a classic dress that there is no way that Jessica could go wrong. A yellow clutch and black strappy sandals (though I know she will pair it with either black or nude pumps) and her hair worn up would make this ensemble look elegant and sophisticated, which is exactly what she needs to bring her back on track.




Kristen Wiig is the star of the 2011 hit comedy 'Bridesmaids', which is being honored by the AFI this year. I would like for Kristen to don this black Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2012 dress with a sheer embellished embroidered dress. Kristen tends to favor more demure sophisticated styles, so I think that this dress would be perfect for her. A pair of black Christian Louboutin peep-toe pumps (with the red soles) and a red clutch with her hair worn down would make this look and send her to best dressed lists.




Naomi Watts may attend the 2011 AFI Awards Luncheon because her film 'J. Edgar' is being honored. If she does attend I would like to see her wear this black Julien Macdonald Spring 2012 RTW flapper-esque dress. I think that Naomi has the red carpet personality for this dress. As it is a luncheon, I would pair this with a cute black cropped blazer. Silver strappy sandals and a black clutch would look amazing with this dress, especially if Naomi were to wear her hair pulled back with a few pieces to frame her face.




I want, no wait I need, Rachel McAdams to wear this Andrew Gn Spring 2012 RTW hot pink dress with a green crystal encrusted waist band. I think that the color combination would look stunning on the actress, who tends to favor soft colors. A pair of green peep toe pumps and no clutch, with her hair worn down, would make this a best dressed list worthy look


No comments:

Post a Comment