Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Peoples Choice Awards: Anne, Beyonce, Blake, and Britney

Welcome to the first post of my wishes for the 2012 Awards Season. The first televised award show of the season is the semi-formal dress code People's Choice Awards. Now know that most of the people that are going to be wished for will probably not show up, especially the A-List stars who will be resting up for the Critics' Choice, AFI, and Golden Globe awards that all are within days, if not hours, from each other. The People's Choice wish lists will take seven days to come completely posted. I recommend checking the site everyday at 12pm EST because this month is jam packed with wishes, and there is not a free day all month. Hope you enjoy the coverage that I bring to you of all the events. I plan to post best dressed lists throughout the month and then post award season one will be posted every Saturday trough out the year.


First up is Anne Hathaway, the stunning actress is nominated for Best Movie Actress, as she is a huge A-List star, she may or may not attend. Anne is styled by Hollywood style maven, Rachel Zoe, who brought her to great triumph with 8 ensembles last Oscar Night alone. For the People's Choice Awards, I am requesting that Anne wear this Bottega Veneta Spring 2012 RTW dress. I love this dress because it is a mash up of some of my favorite things: draping, embellishment, and color-blocking (although it is using neutral colors). I think that Anne has the grace but also the sass to pull off this look. A matching gold clutch and strappy gold sandals would be the perfect conclusion to this elegant but edgy look.


The stunning Beyonce, may not attend for two reasons a) she is an A-List star and b) the will be very pregnant and might not be able to fly from NYC (where she lives with hubby Jay-Z) to LA where the ceremony is held. Either way I cannot pass up the chance to create a look for the simply beautiful mommy-to-be. I think that this Valentino Spring 2011 RTW dress would look amazing and highlight the baby bump, a la the orange Lanvin gown she wore to announce her pregnancy to the world last year at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. She may have to make necessary alterations to the dress by lengthening it just a bit, so that she and the bump can remain covered up. Now I know Beyonce is going to be like supermodel Heidi Klum and wear stiletto heels up until the day she is wheeled into the delivery room. For this look I would recommend that Beyonce wear some red with black detail Christian Louboutin peep toe pumps and lots (but not too much) Lorraine Schwartz diamond jewelry; I think that stunning earrings and bracelets would be perfect for this ensemble.


Well towards the end of last year I was not impressed with anything that Blake wore, despite her wearing some of my favorite designers such as Elie Saab, Marchesa, and Versace. So I have decided to make my wish for her in the designer that she has consistently hit high marks with, Chanel. The moment I saw this butter cream color strapless cocktail dress on the runway at the Chanel show I have always envisioned Blake in it. Why, you may ask? Well, that is because it is classy and elegant, but also extremely sexy and Blake's diva-tude will make this all the sexier. To finish this look Blake needs to go into the large Christian Louboutin shoe closet she has and pull out a pair of gold strappy sandals. A gold and diamond chandelier earring and a gold and diamond cuff would make this look perfect


Britney Spears is in need of a style intervention, and I'll admit, this wish ain't helping the cause. But I have a better chance of choosing a garment that would fit her style than put up something that she wouldn't wear in a million years. Lately most of Brits looks have been short, black, and tight so that is what I have given her, BUT this is an elegant take on that. The Bibhu Mohapatra Spring 2012 RTW dress would look amazing on the blonde pop star. She should pair this dress with a pair of black matte leather peep-toe Christian Louboutin pumps and a silver bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment