Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Golden Globe Awards Best Dressed

I knew from the moment that Charlize Theron stepped out of her limo that she would be my best dressed, and that is saying a lot, as it was a very very high fashion best dressed red carpet. Charlize stunned in this blush Christian Dior Couture gown with a diamond headband bringing old Hollywood glamour all night long.
#2 is Angelina Jolie in this amazing custom Atelier Versace red and white gown. Now, I have to say that she is only in second by a very slim margin.
Everyone is close on the heels of the one before, and this is one giant best dressed award; the rest of my favorites will be posted in the weekly Best Dressed Album on the Facebook Fan Page. Anyway, following Angie in the 3rd place spot is Jessica Alba is this amazing custom Gucci gown. This really reminds me of vintage 50's and 60's Christian Dior, Cristobal Balenciaga, and Hubert de Givenchy gowns and I could totally picture someone like Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, or Jackie Kennedy wearing this exact same gown back then.
Kate Beckinsale slips into the 4th place position wearing this blush Roberto Cavalli gown. Kate has never met a mermaid gown that she doesn't love, and this is exactly why. Each time she steps out in one, she ends up on someones best dressed list.
The vintage inspired gown was the biggest thing on the red carpet tonight. Here, Natalie Portman wears another pink gown (last year she also wore a pink gown courtesy of Viktor & Rolf) to the Golden Globe Awards this time from her favorite designer, Lanvin. I love this dress, and much like Jessica's gown, I could see Grace Kelly fighting Natalie over this gown.
This was the biggest surprise of the night. Nicole Kidman usually sticks to very classic style dresses when walking on the red carpet, so when I saw her in this mint green Versace Spring 2012 RTW gown, that I would have pictured on someone like Kate Beckinsale or Nicole Richie, I was amazed. However, I will say that Nicole takes my breath away in this gown.
This was another surprise of the night, Dianna Agron wore this amazing lazer cut swan gown from the Giles Spring 2012 RTW collection. This is a very fashion forward gown for the star who favors classic ladylike and sportswear inspired frocks. I love this the imitated lace and everything else about this look.
Here we have a gown that Bianca Jagger and Bridget Bardot would have fought over in the 1960's, but is brought to us in 2012 by Prada on the always stunning Zooey Deschanel. I love that this is a departure from Zooey's normal very girly style to be a very fashion forward moment.
I love a description I read of this burgundy and raspberry Lanvin gown with an eagle belt, and it is high fashion meets Harley Davidson.
And last, but not least, the first lady of the Gucci Group continued her brand ambassador duties by wearing this stunning black and gold custom made art deco Gucci gown. It is very reminiscent of the frocks shown in the Gucci Spring 2012 RTW collection.

Don't forget to check out the rest of my favorites in the Best Dressed of the Week album that will post on the Facebook page on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment