Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Palm Springs Film Festival Black Tie Awards Wish List


Charlize Theron's latest comedy, "Young Adult", is set to receive the Vanguard Award for Outstanding Creative Ensemble at the 2011 Palm Springs Film Festival Black Tie Awards Ceremony on January 7th. The actress will most likely grace the red carpet and event to help accept the award with the producers and director. For this event I have chosen to put the stunning South African actress in this black and white Lanvin Spring 2012 RTW strapless sheath dress. To add a pop of color to this simple color blocked dress, I have added a teal to aqua Kotur Spring 2012 clutch with a fun tassel embellishment and then some Christian Dior sandals with a crystal netting. The jewelery is diamond and onyx and is from the event sponsor Cartier.





Legendary actress Glen Close (Damages & 101 Dalmatians) is going to be honored this year with the Career Achievement Award at the 2011 Palm Springs Film Festival Black Tie Awards Gala. I sort of see the Palm Spring Film Festival Black Tie Awards as the unofficial kickoff of the Awards Season (the official kickoff is the Golden Globe Awards on January 15th). Even though the title of the awards is black tie, each year the women attend in the very best cocktail attire. Now as much as Glen is a talented television and film actress, she tends to fall short on the red carpet, so I have decided to be an angel and take her under my wing and give her my advice (through the blog, I mean the title of the site is IF I was a Stylist, after all) all thorough awards season. So Glen, first off, DO NOT WEAR BLACK! I was in a tossup between this stunning cobalt blue Elie Saab Spring 2012 RTW embellished dress and a black lace frock designed by Tom Ford. To ultimately send away the drab, I have given Glen this stunning blue dress. Now this dress is stunning on its own, but with the addition of a matching Arfango Spring 2012 collection clutch and Nicolas Kirkwood Spring 2012 collection satin sandals, frosted with diamonds and sapphires from the Van Cleef and Arpels archive, Glenn would shine like the successful star that she is.




Michelle Williams will be at the 2011 Palm Spring Black Tie Awards Gala as well; she'll be receiving the Desert Palm Achievement Award for Acting for her work in the film My Week With Marilyn, where Williams portrays classic Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe. Michelle, much like Glenn, needs a style intervention, so I have decided to step in and help her out. So for this event I have chosen a stunning pink with silver embroidery full skirted high-necked dress from Naeem Khan's Spring 2012 RTW collection. This dress would look so cute on the actress who tends to choose the right silhouette but wrong dress or styling. If she were to choose this dress I would die with excitement, but if she were to style this look wrong then I would probably cry. So to style this look correctly I would pair it with just these Tabitha Simmons Spring 2012 collection silver sandals. This look does not need extra diamonds or a bag, she just needs to let the dress to the talking and keeping it simple.





Octavia Spencer is set to receive the Breakthrough Performance Award at this years Palm Springs Film Festival Black Tie awards Gala. The actress most known for her role as Minny Jackson in the hit film "The Help" and has become quite the diva on the red carpet. Octavia has stuck to her go to designer, Tadashi Shoji, for all of her red carpet appearances to date and I have as well, but do not think that that is how I am going to stay all awards season if she continues her nominations. For this event, I have chosen this Tadashi Shoji Spring 2012 RTW taupe dress which has a tulle overlay that creates texture over the floral embellished sheath underneath. To accessorize this look I would pair it with a Marchesa Spring 2012 collection gold crystal encrusted clutch, strappy gold Rupert Sanderson sandals, and jewelery from the sponsor of the event Cartier. I hope to see her on the red carpet a lot this season wearing a plethora of gowns that would look amazing on her




No comments:

Post a Comment