Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2015 Academy Awards: Cate, Chloe, Dakota, Gwyneth & Jennifer Wish List

Winner of the 2015 Best Actress Oscar, Cate Blanchett will be on hand Sunday night at the 2015 Academy Awards as a presenter. I think the only sure thing about the Oscars red carpet is that Cate Blanchett will wear Armani. I am going to guess that Cate will wear a custom gown from Armani Prive founded from the ideas in the Spring 2015 Couture collection. If she were to pick one of the gowns right off the runway I would pick this one shoulder midnight blue silk blouse paired with a blue iridescent beaded skirt. I think that this coloring would look amazing against Cate's pale creamy complexion. A pair of black sandals, a red lip & Chopard diamond cluster earrings would finish off this perfectly for the Academy Awards red carpet.
Sunday night will mark the first Academy Awards for Chloe Grace Moretz. The 18 year old actress, whos film "Dark Places" will premiere later this year, will be on hand as a presenter. I am predicting that Chloe will most likely wear a custom gown but if I had to pick a runway gown for her to wear it would have to be this pastel pink embroidered back Antonio Berardi Spring 2015 RTW sleeveless silk organza gown which features a high round neck, an embroidered cape with sheer panels at the back and a floor length skirt with a train. I have been waiting to see this gown on the red carpet and thus far into awards season I am still waiting. This would be a glamorous yet youthful look for Chloe to wear for such a big night on the Academy Awards red carpet.
Dakota Johnson has yet to blow me away on the red carpet and I am not exactly thrilled that she is going to be on the red carpet at the Academy Awards come Sunday night. I am going to give her one more chance to give me something before I write her off. This Atelier Versace Fall 2014 Couture embellished sheer long sleeve top and satin ball skirt is what I think would make for a perfect red carpet look for Dakota for the red carpet at the Oscars. This is within Dakota's black and white color box that she has been living in and I think that this will make for a major red carpet moment. A chic updo, a red lip, a black clutch, simple diamond earrings and a pair of simple black sandals will finish this look off in a way that will make the gown the focus.
The moment that this Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture black cap sleeved embellished gown I put it on hold for Gwyneth Paltrow. This gown may remind me slightly of the Emilio Pucci ensemble that Gwynie wore for the 2011 Emmy Awards but I think that this look would still be able to hold it's own. I think first that this gown should be lined for the Oscars red carpet, and since Gwyneth is just presenting this would be a simple look for her to wear on the red carpet. A black clutch, old Hollywood waves, simple diamond earrings, a red lip and black sandals would finish this look off perfectly for the 2015 Academy Awards on Sunday night.
Well I am actually really surprised that Jennifer Aniston is going to be a presenter at this years Academy Awards, after many have vocalized that she was this years biggest snub. Never the less Jennifer will be on hand Sunday night to hand out one of those little gold men. I picked a tulle cap sleeve Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2015 that features a tulle construction with a V-neckline, a flared sheath silhouette and a pleated ruffled skirt. I am not a huge Aniston fan and I am on almost the same level of excitement for Jenn as I am for Dakota Johnson. As long as we don't see Jennifer's panties, a la the SAG Awards, I would count this as a win for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment