Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Runway Report: Sachin + Babi Fall 2015 RTW

“‘I am not afraid. I was born to do this.’ — Joan of Arc”

This was the quote provided by Sachin and Babi Ahluwalia about the inspiration for their Fall 2015 RTW collection presented in NYC yesterday. What I loved about this collection was mixing feminine and masculine. This was all about what Joan of Arc was all about. Armor like cocktail dresses and bold colors of the French flag were the more literal interpretations of Joan of Arc but the black sweater with red fur patch paired with red culottes was a feminine continuation of masculine dressing. This season there was a lot of color blocking and stunning embellishments. I think that there are defiantly some looks for press appearances and cocktail events for celebs but this is more along the lines of a collection that I can see selling well. A slight departure from the Sachin + Babi woman of the past few seasons I do love the direction that the brand is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment