Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Academy Awards: Performers Wish List

Anna Kendrick is going to be taking to the Academy Awards stage tomorrow night. I have absolutely no idea what it is that she will be performing but I am excited to see what she will wear. I picked this gold Badgley Mischka Fall 2015 RTW strapless embroidered trumpet gown. While I don't ever remember Anna wearing Badgley Mishka I think that this gown would look amazing on the petite starlet. Changing gears from the major red carpet gown I figure that Anna will change, most likely into another gown, for her performance. This simple black Jenny Packham Pre-Fall 2015 gown with a plunging neckline and crystal embellishments would be perfect for Anna to perform in. This gown is flowing and would be perfect for a variety of different types of performances. Only time will tell what Anna will be performing and I can not wait.
Jennifer Hudson is coming back to the Oscars stage to perform yet again. After finally getting back in my good graces in her simple white Tom Ford cocktail dress at the Grammy Awards, I am praying that Jennifer continues to wow me at the Academy Awards.When I was watching the Monique Lhuillier Fall 2015 RTW collection and I saw this copper long sleeve backless metallic gown, my wheels started turning to figure out who should snatch it up for the Oscars. JHud is that person. I think that the copper color would look amazing against her skin tone and I would just die if she werked this gown on the Oscars red carpet. To perform, most likely the in memoriam segment, I would love to see Jennifer wear this grey embellished one shoulder gown from the same collection with a side cutout. This would look absolutely amazing on Jennifer, if she doesn't opt for a black ensemble. A pair of silver sandals and a red lip will finish off this look perfect for the stage.
Lady Gaga is the real surprise performer at tomorrow nights Academy Awards. I was really shocked when I got the press release that Gaga was performing. She did attend last year, as a guest of Chopard, so seeing her make a repeat Oscars appearance was shocking. For the red carpet I would love to see Gaga wear this amazing white Ralph & Russo Fall 2014 Couture asymmetrical ruffled gown with black floral embellishments. This is the over the top yet glam look that I was expecting Gaga to go for on the Grammy's red carpet but I think will infuse some fun into the Oscars red carpet. What will Gaga be performing? I honestly have no idea. This years Academy Awards are featuring more performances than ever. All of the Oscar nominated songs are being performed, on top of the performances by Anna Kendrick, Jennifer Hudson and Gaga. I think that this Zuhair Murad Spring 2015 jumpsuit that features all over embellishments, a plunging neckline and attached train. This makes this look sexy, glamorous, over the top and most importantly Oscars stage ready.
Rita Ora is the only woman whom I know what she will be performing tomorrow night at the Academy Awards. The British pop star will be performing the Oscar nominated song "Grateful" from "Beyond the Lights." Before she takes to the stage Rita will work her first Oscars red carpet. I would love to see her do so in this hot pink Zac Posen Fall 2015 RTW glitter infused taffeta structured ball gown. I love this gown. I was really disappointed in Zac's fall collection but this was definitely I high point and I figure that a pop star will get her hand on this bold statement of a gown. I think this mixes Rita's bold personality with the formality of the Academy Awards. For her performance I would love to see Rita bring out old Hollywood wearing this black and nude Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture embellished gown with a plunging neckline and a feather bolero. I can see this gown looking amazing with an orchestra behind Rita and lots of moving light beams, but I am really good at building up hype for an Oscars performance in my head and then get really let down.

Join me and Kelly from Dream In Lace tomorrow night at 5:30 PM EST as we live tweet all the looks from the Academy Awards. So grad your champagne and follow me (@FutureStylist93) and Kelly (@DreamInLace) for all kinds of fashion ID's and snarky commentary all night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment