Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2015 Independent Spirit Awards: Naomi, Rinko, Rosario, Sienna, & Tilda Wish List

The Independent Spirit Awards are the laid back awards ceremony held on the eve of the Academy Awards. The stars give more casual cocktail ensembles before donning couture ball gowns the next night. I am figuring that Naomi Watts will be on hand at the Spirit Awards since her film "Birdman" is nominated for Best Feature. I would love to see Naomi wear this lavender, white, black and yellow Roland Mouret Spring 2015 RTW asymmetrical caped pencil dress. I would not have Naomi wear the peach belt that the dress was paired with on the runway. With the dress being such a statement I would expect that Naomi would wear her hair in a chic updo, carry a white clutch, and I would add an unexpected pair of pale yellow sandals to finish off this elegant ensemble for the Spirit Awards.
When Rinko Kikuchi stepped out at the 2015 Berlin Film Festival she did not surprise me wearing Chanel, but did not wearing couture or a gown. I am hoping that the actress, who is nominated for Best Actress for "Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter," that she gives me a major red carpet moment. I would pick this amazing electric blue Chanel Spring 2015 Couture puff sleeve cocktail dress. It has been a long while since we have seen Rinko in a bold color and since she is always loyal to Chanel I think that this red carpet would be the perfect place to see Rinko rock this amazing cocktail dress. Finished of with simple make up, a gold clutch and a pair of gold pumps will make this look red carpet ready.
Rosario Dawson was on hand to help announce the nominees for the 2015 Independent Spirit Awards. Always on hand during Oscars weekend I am sure that we will see Rosario on the red carpet for the Spirit Awards. Since she is not nominated or in any of the nominated films I believe that this black Versace Pre-Fall 2015 tuxedo with crystal simulated stitching embellishments would be a perfect look for Rosario to wear for the occasion. This tuxedo is sexy, and totally on the menswear trend but with a sexy ultra feminine touch. Finish the look with a black clutch, red lip, old Hollywood waves and a pair of black Christian Louboutin pumps will finish this look giving Rosario a look that I will love, when she is not often on my best dressed list.
Sienna Miller made an appearance in the film "Foxcatcher" which is going to receive the Special Distinction Award at the 2015 Independent Spirit Awards. It is spotty whether or not Sienna will join her co-stars at the Spirit Awards since she only made a few select appearances to help promote the movie. If she does step out I would love to see Sienna wear this amazing Erdem Pre-Fall 2015 long sleeve feather lace applique blue and white cocktail dress. Sienna loves to represent designers from her home country of England on the red carpet and I think that this would look absolutely amazing on her. Finish the look with a red lip, simple up-do and a pair of black sandals so that the dress is the big statement of the night and Sienna will have an amazing red carpet ensemble on her hands.
Last but not least I have a wish for Best Actress nominee Tilda Swinton, who is nominated thanks to her film "Only Lovers Left Alive." I was going to wish for Tilda to wear the opening look from the Schiaparelli Spring 2015 Couture collection but the day after I planned that Juliette Binoche snatched it up for her Berlin Film Festival photocall. So I went with my second choice. Also from the same collection I think that this emerald green Schiaparelli Spring 2015 Couture silk long sleeve bias cut cocktail dress is a more feminine look than what I was originally going for but this look is still typical Swinton. The dress features star embellishments mimicking a necklace and two hands "clasping the necklace" decorate the back. I could see Tilda pairing this dress with the amazing Schiaparelli sandals that the dress was paired with on the runway, a bright pink lip and her hair styled in her signature pouf to ensure that this is an amazing Swinton sighting on the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment