Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

2015 Costume Designers Guild Awards Wish List

The 17th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards will be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on February 17, 2015. I am excited for the fact that one of my favorite women, Emmy Rossum, is going to be the hostess of the evening. Emmy always gives me couture realness when she steps out wearing all of the best designers. For the CDG Awards I would love to see Emmy wear this Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2015 strapless ball gown with its bold floral print. Many would send this gown back afraid of the statement making print, but Emmy is never one to stray away from a challenge and I would love to see her take this gown on. Paring this gown with some stunning Chopard drop earrings, a light pink lip, and a pair of red sandals would ensure that Emmy gives Oscar chic at the CDG Awards
Emma Stone has been making the red carpet rounds promoting "Birdman" on its journey to the Academy Awards. With the film being nominated for its costume design at the CDG Awards I am praying that Emma shows up. I would love to see her wear this emerald green Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2015 t-shirt style dress with beaded stripes in differing directions on the top and skirt. I absolutely adore a red head in green and we haven't seen Emma wear green in a while. Finish the look with a green Edie Parker clutch, a pair of gold pumps, and a red lip would make everyone green with envy for Emma's red carpet look.
Felicity Jones is still on the road to being one of my red carpet queens. I love almost every single look the she puts out on the red carpet. For the Costume Designers Guild Awards, I would love to see Felicity wear this Marchesa Pre-Fall 2015 cocktail dress rendered in black corded lace and features a fitted bodice with a full pleated skirt and scalloped edges. I think that this is a sweet dress, which is perfect for the look that Felicity always gives on the red carpet. I would pair this look with a pair of coral Elie Saab sandals, sleek hair, and a coral lip to make sure that Felicity is all about bringing impact to the red carpet at the Costume Designers Guild Awards.
Reese Witherspoon has been on a roller coaster of style this red carpet season. I have either loved or hated her red carpet looks, and most have been very monochromatic. I am praying for Reese to wear some color on the red carpet, and what better event that the Costume Designers Guild Awards to do that? I picked this amazing Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture cocktail dress with a green top and a multicolored striped full skirt for Reese to wear. I think that the silhouette is something that Reese would be naturally drawn to, it is very ladylike. Reese loves herself a ladylike silhouette and this gown gives that AND modernity with the colors and striped skirt. The boldness of the pattern and colors are what I fear would push Reese away from this dress. I would finish this look off simply with a pair of gold pumps and tousled waves to give Reese a perfect red carpet look.
"The Grand Budapest Hotel" is nominated for Best Period Costumes in a Movie and I am hoping for a Swinton sighting at the CDG Awards. Tilda Swinton is a red carpet queen. I love how she can work mannish or feminine silhouettes on the red carpet and always look stunning. One of Tilda's favorite designers, and closest friends, is Hadier Ackermann and it has been a hot minute since we have seen her in one of his designs. I picked this mauve silk suit, with a boxy blazer and tapered pants, and burgundy chiffon top covered in rosettes from the Hadier Ackermann Spring 2015 RTW collection. This look is an amazing balance of menswear inspiration and feminine details to create the perfect red carpet look for Tilda. Her short locks styled in her signature coif and nude pumps would ensure that Tilda slays the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment