Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Best Dressed at the 2015 BAFTA Awards

Yesterday was a MAJOR day on the red carpets. It started in London with the BAFTA Awards. I was disappointed that Emma Stone didn't attend but I have to say that there was an amazing red carpet none the less, but there were only four real stand out looks for me. When Lea Seydoux stepped out on the red carpet in her custom saffron yellow Prada chiffon gown, I was taken aback. Lea was my Best Brand Ambassador for Prada last year and this gown just shows why. Lea is the only woman who has a 100% success rate with Prada looks on the red carpet and this look gave me a stunning red carpet summery look in the dead of the British winter. 
Julianne Moore broke her red carpet run of wearing Givenchy Couture for major red carpets by wearing a custom Tom Ford red gown with a velvet top and a silk skirt. I totally called this as Julianne and Tom attended pre-BAFTA parties the night before. This is how a 54 year brings the sexy to the red carpet. A redhead in red is a winning combination. Julianne has been picking the winning colors for the red carpets so I am excited to see her wear even more bold colors on the red carpets still to come this awards season. Gugu Mbatha-Raw is still becoming one of my favorites on the red carpet. I loved her soft lavender custom Prada gown (yesterday was a real winning day for Prada on the red carpet). I don't see any other woman making this gown look as beautiful as Gugu does. There was some debate about who Amy Adams wore to the BAFTAs yesterday. I have to say that this amazing custom Lanvin white gown with an embellished waist and tassel belt. This was chic yet impactful. I love that she let the waist do all the talking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment