Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

2015 Academy Awards: Naomi, Nicole, Sienna & Zoe Wish List

I am excited to see Naomi Watts on the red carpet at the Academy Awards on Sunday night where she is going to be on hand as a presenter. I love seeing Naomi because I never know what she is going to show up wearing. I am hoping that she goes with classic ladylike glamour wearing this purple embroidered Oscar de la Renta Fall 2015 RTW strapless ballgown with an exaggerated sweetheart neckline. I absolutely loved what Peter Copping did for Oscar de la Renta, it was truly like Oscar had his hands in this collection and I am in love. He hasn't come in a taken the house in his own direction, a la Heidi Slimane and Raf Simons, but really infused his talents into the core beliefs of the Oscar de la Renta legacy. Naomi doesn't do dark and brooding looks very often and I think that this gown would just be fabulous on her. Finish the look with a chic up do, a red lip, a black Edie Parker clutch, a statement diamond necklace and a pair of black sandals and Naomi will slay the Oscars red carpet.
It has been either love or loathe when it comes to what Nicole Kidman has been wearing on the red carpet. I am hoping that she gives me a major moment when it comes to the Academy Awards on Sunday night. Despite the fact that earlier this month Nicole had a major white moment, in Valentino Couture at the Berlin Film Festival, I would still love to see her wear this white double silk georgette Elie Saab Spring 2015 RTW which features a jewel neckline with allover beaded embroidery and draped panels that cascade over the shoulder. I think that this is a dramatic gown that needs a woman with presence to pull it off and I think that Nicole really has that presence. I would add a pair of diamond and colored stone earrings, forgo a clutch, throw on a pair of white peep toe pumps and finish off with a red lip to ensure that this is a dramatic best dressed moment on the red carpet.
Sienna Miller is going to be a busy woman. She will be performing on Broadway in "Cabaret" on Saturday night in New York City and then will be running to catch a red eye flight to LA to fulfill her duties as a presenter at the Academy Awards on Sunday. I am hoping that Sienna will champion a British designer on the Oscars red carpet. While it is more likely that she would wear a custom gown from the likes of Burberry or Alexander McQueen I would love to see Sienna wear this strapless coral Roksanda Pre-Fall 2015 gown rendered in silk wool blend and features a fitted A-line silhouette with micro-pleating details along the hem. I think that Sienna would be the perfect woman to bring Roksanda into being a household name with this gown on the Oscars red carpet. Finish the look with a statement necklace, a gold Edie Parker clutch and a pair of crystal embellished gold Miu Miu sandals and Sienna will hold her own on the tops of best dressed lists.
I am hoping that that Academy Awards on Sunday night sees Zoe Saldana back to her best. I have missed the amazing Zoe that I fell in love with on the red carpet during her pregnancy. I think that this white Jason Wu Fall 2015 RTW halter gown with a keyhole and thin black belt would be an amazing red carpet moment for Zoe. This might be too simple for most as an Oscars dress, especially for a high profile presenter, but I think that this would come as a welcome surprise. Finish the look with a pair of dazzling cluster earrings, an Edie Parker clutch, a pair of black Stuart Weitzman 'Nudist' sandals and a bold red lip and Zoe will have a welcome red carpet return come the Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment