Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

2015 Berlin Film Festival Jury Members Wish List

Two years ago Audrey Tautou played the role of Mistress of Ceremonies at the Cannes Film Festival, and looked absolutely amazing doing so, and this year we will see her take to the red carpet as a member of the International Jury, which chooses the winners of the main competition. When I saw this amazing electric blue lace Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture strapless tea length full skirted evening gown, my breath stopped. The dress is definitely one of my favorite Dior creations in a long time and I think that Audrey would give us a major Audrey Hepburn moment on the Berlinale red carpet in this gown. Audrey has a good friendship with Dolce & Gabbana so I figure one look will come from the house over the course of the festival. If she chooses to wear a gown from the collection, over a look for the photocall, I picked this Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2015 RTW printed gown. I think that this gown is a statement and Audrey would make it look like Haute Couture. Speaking of couture I think that this Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture jumpsuit with chiffon house coat would be an amazing moment, probably my favorite if she wore it, because it is something that we NEVER see on the red carpet and Audrey is the perfect candidate to make this a perfect red carpet moment. And finally I picked a menswear inspired Lanvin Pre-Fall 2015 tuxedo that incorporates crystal embellishments on the shoulders. Menswear dressing is quickly becoming the biggest trend of 2015 and I think that this would be the perfect way for Audrey to join on on the fun. Add a menswear inspired button down and a pair of killer Christian Louboutin heels and this would make for a perfect look for a film festival premiere, but only if one wishes to stand out.
Ukrainian actress Olga Kurylenko is on the First Film Jury and I am praying that she will be on the perfect form that she was during the end of 2014. Olga has long proved why I love her so much with an amazing red carpet history and only narrowly not making Best Dressed of the Year lists several times. I think that this could be Olga's year. If Olga could get her hands on my favorite gown from the Chanel Fall 2014 Couture collection, then I think that this would be her first BDOTY contender. The silver and grey gown embellished with sequins and concrete beads is not for the faint of heart to wear on the red carpet and I think Olga is one of the few that has the presence to not make this gown look heavy. For a bold color statement I would have Olga wear this cinnamon red Marches Pre-Fall 2015 embroidered v-neck tulle ball gown rendered in tulle and features a deep V-neckline with scalloped lace detailing and a fully ruffled skirt. Going down the soft ethereal route this lavender Ralph & Russo Spring 2015 Couture gown would be absolutely perfect on Olga with her dark hair and milky skin. And finally a look going for edge and beauty would be this amazing Valentino Pre-Fall 2015 midnight blue tulle ball gown covered with galactic embroidery all over. This is probably the biggest statement that Olga could make on the red carpet. Not many would dare to wear this type of embroidered gown on the red carpet at a major film festival, and I think Olga is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment