Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl XLIX Pepsi Half-Time Show Break-Down

Katy Perry was the feature performer last night at the Super Bowl XLIX Pepsi Half-Time show. I will say that I had very little in way of hopes of what Katy was going to bring. I was not a huge fan of the performance itself. Katy was saved buy some awesome staging and amazing guest Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott. If it had not been for these things I think I might have fallen asleep during this performance. Now on to fashion. Katy wore four very different looks custom designed for her by Jeremy Scott. Katy strolled into the arena on the back on a robotic tiger wearing a hot wheels flame top skirt to perform "Roar", "Dark Horse", and "I Kissed A Girl" (with Kravitz). Everyone that I watched the show with joked that Katy was trying to be Katniss, especially when she was performing with Kravitz (who plays Cinna in the "Hunger Games" franchise." Then to perform "Teenage Dream" and "California Girls," Katy quick changed into a beach ball inspired bralet and circle skirt. For the hip hop portion of the night, which really was Katy trying to hip hop dance to Missy Elliott, wearing a 49 jersey hoodie dress. The only thing I really really liked was the finale silver one shoulder star embellished gown that Katy wore to fly around the arena to perform "Firework." It was glamorous and impactful, something that Katy hasn't been in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment