Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Best Dressed of January 2015

I have decided to let all of my followers in on my secret to coming up with my Best Dressed of the Year list. What I do to sift through all those amazing looks that take to the red carpet over the year is pick 10 looks each month, also all the event Top 10's, and file them away in a best dressed folder. 2015 has been off to an amazing start and I am only holding out hope for even more amazing looks from here on out. When doing these lists I take out all the looks that I loved from events like the Golden Globe and SAG Awards so that other looks have a fighting chance. Burlesque queen Dita Von Teese gave me my favorite look from January wearing a bold purple Alexis Mabille Spring 2015 Couture one shoulder corseted gown for the Sidiaction Gala in Paris. Dita pulled this gown right off the runway and just oozed glamour as she posed for the photographers. Pairing her look with her signature vintage hair style, red lip, and the runways Alexis Mabille feather clutch.
Up next we have Kate Hudson at the Atelier Versace Spring 2015 Presentation wearing a modified Atelier Versace Spring 2015 Couture cocktail dress. Kate Hudson wears Versace like no other woman EVER. Kate always oozes relaxed sexual glamour when wearing any Versace ensemble and this is the epitome of that ideal. Letting her blonde locks fall naturally and pairing the look with a pair of nude Christian Louboutin pointed toe pumps just made this the perfect front row ensemble. Paz Vega took to the red carpet at the Art of Elysium HEAVEN Gala, the night before the Golden Globe Awards, and really wowed me wearing a Carolina Herrera Spring 2015 RTW cap sleeve gown that features a bold floral and spectrum print on the skirt. I did not think that we would see this gown on the red carpet, so to see it on Paz and her making it look so effortless just fits her on this list in the 3rd position. Last year the only person to give Taylor Swift a run for her money on the sidewalk runway was Reese Witherspoon. Here we see Reese running errands wearing a Carolina Herrera bird printed dress which she paired with a handbag from The Row and a pair of Saint Laurent pumps. This look is chic and breezy, a look that will have many longing for spring amongst the bitter cold most are in right now.
Nicole Kidman is either love or loathe for me when she steps out on the red carpet. I was firmly on the love side when Nicole stepped out for the "Paddington" premiere in New York wearing an Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2015 tuxedo. This look just oozed glamour and Nicole made it look effortless. Stana Katic really brought the WOW factor to the red carpet at the Peoples Choice Awards to start January off on a major note wearing Carolina Herrera Resort 2015 strapless daisy embroidered ball gown. When so many wear casual and cocktail dresses many will say that Stana was overdressed, and I am included to agree, but when she looks as beautiful as she does then who cares? When Keira Knightley stepped out at the Critics Choice Movie Awards, wearing Delpozo Fall 2014 RTW, I let out a sigh of relief. Keira has not had a very good 2015, which is really disappointing after her amazing run last year. Keira wants to conceal her baby bump, and I can understand that, and this Delpozo has been the best drapery for that bump all year. She looked like a goddess.
After a VERY disappointing 2015, Jennifer Lawrence gave me an amazing look at the Producers Guild Awards wearing a custom Prada gown. This look polarized critics as many did not like the crystal patch on JLaw's stomach. I loved everything about this look. It was elegant, soft, and sweet. All things that I don't necessarily think of when I think of JLaw on the red carpets. Another look from the Art of Elysium's HEAVEN Gala on the list comes from Jena Malone, Lawrences "Mockingjay" costar, wearing a look from Adam Selman's Spring 2015 RTW collection. I have to say that I skipped right over this gown when I scrolled through the pictures of this collection when it was presented last September. Jena breathed life into this pearl accented a-line cap sleeve gown. Her sleek red locks made this look with a real stunner on the red carpet. Finally I have Emily Blunt wearing a custom David Koma cocktail ensemble at the "Into The Woods" London premiere. This cocktail dress is different in its cut and the ombre crystals just added to the look. Natural hair and makeup and simple cream sandals finished off a look that was all about a statement making dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment