Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2015 BAFTA Awards: Amy, Emma, Felicity, Gugu, & Julianne Wish List

This weekend we are in for a double dose of red carpet on Sunday night. In LA there will be the Grammy Awards (those wishes to come later this week) and in London the BAFTA Awards will take place. I am really excited to see what the stars will bring to the red carpet come Sunday at the BAFTA's. Amy Adams is nominated for Best Leading Actress for her work in "Big Eyes." Amy looked amazing at the Golden Globe Awards in lavender Versace and I am hoping that she just continues to wow me. I picked this Zuhair Murad Spring 2015 Couture cap sleeve ball gown for Amy to wear Sunday. I know earlier today I ripped into this collection for being an Elie Saab knockoff, but this gown is one that I didn't see any Elie Saab inspiration in. The soft gold embellishments would look amazing against Amy's milky peachy skin. A soft up-do and gold sandals will finish this look off perfectly for the BAFTA's red carpet.
Emma Stone has been wearing a lot of black on the red carpet lately and I am wanting that to stop because the stunning red headed actress, nominated for a Best Supporting Actress BAFTA, wears color like no one else. With that being said, you might be looking at your screen lopsided since I have picked an almost all white gown for Emma to wear for the BAFTAs. Well yes this is the case. Since I first saw this white Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture strapless gown with purple floral embellishments take to the runway last July I have been praying that we will see Emma wear this gown on the red carpet. I think it only appropriate to honor the red carpet where Emma really fell in love with fashion with an amazing and special gown. This would be an amazing glamourous goddess moment for Emma to make since she hasn't had a goddess moment in a while.
The buzz roaming the twittersphere is that after awards season is over will Christian Dior announce Felicity Jones as its next face? I have a feeling that this is definitely going to be the case. She has worn A LOT of Dior on the red carpets over the past 6 months and it has been the best relationship thus far. Aside from that I would love to see Best Leading Actress nominee wear this amazing Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2015 sleeveless evening gown that features a guipure construction with full threadwork embroidery in a floral motif and a fitted A-line silhouette. I think that this black gown with its bold floral embroidery is the perfect slight step out of Felicity's wheelhouse of all black, navy, and pastel colors. A chic up-do, diamond dazzlers in her ears, a black clutch, and a pair of black sandals would just make sure that Felicity kills the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards on Sunday.
Gugu Mbatha-Raw really earned her stripes on the red carpet circuit last year and I am praying that when she shows up on the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards, where she is nominated for the Rising Star Award, that she gives me a red carpet look to die over. I picked this salmon orange Jason Wu Spring 2015 RTW silk gown. This is not the stereotypical awards show red carpet stunner but I think that with Gugu's amazing red carpet style and presence that this would hold its own against couture. A curly up do, a coral lip, gold metallic clutch, and a pair of gold pumps will make sure that this gown is styled perfectly to be able to hold its own against couture.
And finally for today I have a wish for Julianne Moore to wear for the BAFTA Awards where she is nominated for Best Leading Actress. The BAFTA's are just another stop for Julianne on the way to accepting her Academy Award for "Still Alice." I am not quite sure that Julianne will win the BAFTA, up against some strong British stars, but she will for sure bring it to the red carpet. I picked this Armani Prive Spring 2015 Couture ensemble. The almost black blue silk one shoulder silk top paired with a blue iridescent crystal embellished skirt would be an amazing look for Julianne. We have never seen Julianne wear an Armani Prive look but what better time to start when on the road to an Academy Award. I would snatch the runways clutch, add a pair of black sandals, pull her hair back (which she hasn't done this season for a major red carpet), and a red lip will ensure that Julianne keeps up her best dressed run at her BAFTAs stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment