Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Runway Report: Valentino Spring 2015 Couture

I set really high expectations for Valentino Couture and I will say that they did not disappoint. Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli really showed that they are what the house really needs, at a time when I have been questioning. I am over the same peasant style dresses that we have seen from Valentino for seasons now. When the show started with that kind of silhouette I let out a sigh and said here we go again. I started to perk up as different silhouettes and looks stared to show up. While peasantry was the forefront of the first half, soft romanticism was the forefront of the second. Inspired by Shakespeare, Dante, and Marc Chagall the collection really focused on romanticism and the collection definitely showed that.
As I watched this show I wanted to make sure that I found the Oscar dress, I definitely did. I can't decide who is going to be the lucky lady to grab one of these gowns up for the Oscars. Emma Stone? Keira Knightley? Julianne Moore? Any of the above could be possibilities, I know who I really want to see in the label that night (and so will you when I post my Academy Awards wishes later this month.) Aside from just looking for Oscars dresses, I can see this collection at all the major film festivals and at big movie premieres. The dress for the MET Ball will be harder to pick since there wasn't really anything that screamed of Chinese influence. Maybe the guest of Valentino at the MET will just wear signature Valentino red.

No comments:

Post a Comment