Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Best Looks from the Film Independent Spirit Awards

 I will say that I am slightly disappointed in the red carpet from the 2015 Film Independent Spirit Awards. There was not a huge bustle of stars as per usual, but the stars that did show up really brought it. The lady that I always look forward to seeing on the carpet the most, Cate Blanchett, did not let me down. Queen Cate rocked a Schiaparelli Spring 2015 Couture long sleeve tea length dress with heart and cupids arrow print. I love how sophisticated this quirky ensemble came off on Cate. Many would have made this look tacky but not the red carpet queen.
 While Emma Stone kept up her all back Awards Season run she looked beautiful in a hot off the runway Monique Lhuillier Fall 2015 RTW dress with a lace bodice and full skirt. I love how Emma can make a black dress anything but basic. I was really surprised by how much I actually loved what Carmen Ejogo wore on the red carpet. Carmen has not really impressed me thus far but this black Roksanda Pre-Fall 2015 strapless jumpsuit with its 3D color blocked detail on the top. I think that this look really put Carmen on the map and I am actually really excited to see what she will wear tonight. One lady I thought would be fighting Cate Blanchett for the top spot was Julianne Moore. She looked amazing in her Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture shift dress, but I don't know I was expecting more. Julianne looked youthful and beautiful, and as always experimented with fashion, and still looked absolutely fabulous. And last but not least "Castle" star Stana Katic rocked a Chloe Resort 2015 textured maxi dress. Stana usually looks way over dressed, she wore a Carolina Herrera ball gown for the Peoples Choice Awards of all events, so I was pleasantly surprised that she was dressed perfectly for the events dress code.

No comments:

Post a Comment