Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Top 10 Looks from the 2015 Grammy Awards

The Grammy Awards took place in LA last night and more celebs to the the red carpet and killed it. I will say that before I begin there was almost NO color on this red carpet. There are only two looks on this list that had color. I was slightly disappointed in that but I will say the stars worked monochromatic looks with great abandon. Topping my Best Dressed list is Taylor Swift. The now Pop Princess really took her red carpet style to another level in her custom Elie Saab turquoise sleeveless ball gown with a mini skirt cutaway. Listing these elements this look should have been a total looser but somehow Taylor makes it all work. The aqua earrings and fuchsia sandals just kept this look youthful fresh and modern. This is the kinda statement that I love to see on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards.
Gwen Stefani wore two looks from Atelier Versace last night. With my thirst for color needing to be quenched I picked her stunning red performance gown to be the runner up to Taylor. Her red carpet jumpsuit was amazing (though lacking a bold lipstick), this was the statement that I figured that Gwen would make for the Grammy Awards. For someone not nominated or performing I have to say that Rita Ora really dazzled me in her sparkling custom Prada silver long sleeve pailette covered gown. The human disco ball as she is being called really gave me thirst for a true diva moment on the Grammy carpet. When Rihanna showed up at the Grammy Awards last night her Giambattista Valli Couture ball gown the internet immediately started calling her a couture cupcake or a sugary pink loofah, and I have to agree. I did not like that gown, but when she changed into her black oversized Maison Marigela Spring 2015 Couture double breasted tuxedo that she paired with a dazzling Chopard diamond necklace. This was a chic look. I wanted Rihanna to stray away from this look but I loved this more than her left field ball gown.
I think my biggest shock of the night was how much I loved Nicki Minaj in her custom Tom Ford black gown with its deep plunging neck and beaded fringe skirt. Nicki has been toning down her red carpet style and I have to say that I am loving what she is putting down. Jessie J brought the sheer drama to the red carpet in her Ralph & Russo Fall 2014 Couture gown. I was happy that Jessie paired this gown with black panties instead of the nude ones that the gown was presented with. I got alien queen realness from Jessie. I was happy to see her represent her homeland wearing a British designer, and she did them proud. For her moving performance during the Grammy telecast Katy Perry let the stage be all about her voice wearing an off white Valentino Couture gown from the collection presented to honor the reopening of the NYC Flagship store. I loved how simple Katy kept this look, especially since she showed up on the red carpet in a beaded Zuhair Murad cocktail dress and a Purple wig.
And the last set of ladies were more of the black and white showing that they could be anything but basic. I was not a fan of Lady Gaga on the Grammy Carpet but for her performance with Tony Bennett and the awards photocall I loved the black beaded and feather embellished Brandon Maxwell strapless gown with a Jessica Rabbit v-neck was just lovely. It gave the perfect air for the type of music that Gaga and Bennett have been producing and performing lately. I think the toned down Gaga was exactly what I was expecting to see at the Grammy Awards and she more than delivered for me. The other Tom Ford look on the Grammy red carpet was from Jennifer Hudson. Her minimalistic perfectly tailored strapless white cocktail dress could have been very snooze worthy but thanks to the precision tailoring and expert styling this sang a sultry song on the Grammy Awards red carpet. And last but not least I have to give Anna Kendrick some real credit for totally stepping out of her princess gown and mini dress comfort zone and rocking a perfectly tailored Band of Outsiders tuxedo. Keeping the styling minimal let this amazing look shine, and leaving me wanting more from Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment