Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Runway Report: Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2015 Couture

I have to say that while I loved the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2015 Couture collection, that I expected much much more. When Gaultier halted the production of his Ready to Wear and Menswear lines to focus on his couture collections I was expecting to go back to the days of the early to mid 2000s when we saw the Gaultier signature infused into different styles each season. What was presented was more of the same that has been presented in the past 5 years. While he may be showing exactly what the clients want there has to be a way for him to return to the insanely OTT designs that jutted JPG into stardom. What we ended up seeing was a 1980s collection that I am sure that will sell well but I can not see the stars running to grab these looks up for the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment