Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

2015 BAFTA Awards: Keira, Margot, Reese, Rosamund, & Shailene Wish List

I am hoping that when Keira Knightley, who was shockingly absent from the Academy Award Nominees Luncheon on Monday, takes to the red carpet on Sunday for the BAFTA Awards that she finally hits a red carpet stride that covers her baby bump in a glamorous way. The moment that I saw this Andrew Gn Pre-Fall 2015 gown. The beading on the top of this gown would give me something interesting to look at in the sack-ish style dress that the Best Supporting Actress nominee is bound to wear. Hair styled in a chic up-do, a soft lip, a gold clutch, and a pair of gold sandals are exactly what is needed for this stunning red carpet maternity look for Keira.
I was all excited at the beginning of last year because I thought a had found a new girl crush in Margot Robbie, then she let me down. Hard. I am hoping that the EE Rising Star Award nominee will bring me back to the time where my jaw dropped at the sight of her. This silver crystal embellished Stephane Rolland Spring 2015 Couture top paired with a white skirt with a very dramatic train is the direction that I would love to see Margot rock on the BAFTA Awards red carpet on Sunday. The actresses blonde locks swept into Veronica Lake waves, along with a bold red lip and a pair of silver sandals would ensure that Margot gets back in my good graces and back on Best Dressed lists.
Color. Still the one thing that I am missing from Reese Witherspoon this awards season. I am still holding out hope that she will wear the Antonio Berardi gown that I so desperately wanted to see her wear for the Golden Globe Awards, but I am going to move past wishing for it again. Sticking to the same soft pink palette I picked this Delpozo Spring 2015 RTW (Not Couture) double sided silk twill gown that features a floral embellished bib at the front, a geometric construction around the waist, an exposed tulle underlay and full train at the back. I love that stars are embracing the avant garde Spanish designer for their red carpet dressing. Old Hollywood waves thrown over one shoulder, a pink lip, and nude sandals would ensure that all eyes are on Reese at the BAFTA Awards.
Rosamund Pike has not lived up to the expectations that I had set for her this awards season. I am hoping that on her home turf that the Best Leading Actress nominee with be on point again. When I was flipping through the Christopher Kane Pre-Fall 2015 lookbook and I came to this stunning art nouveau lace bodice gown with a pleated tulle skirt, my heart started to flutter. The gown features a semi-sheer bodice with allover Art Nouveau patches, bonded with leather, vinyl, bright and metallic accents, and a floor-length pleated tulle skirt. This gown is elegant and effortless while being extremely fashion forward and avant garde. Rosamund would look lovely in this gown with a sleek bob (a la the Golden Globes), a pink clutch, and a pair of gold sandals would finish off this look perfectly for the BAFTA's red carpet.
Finally we have the final wish for the 2015 BAFTAs. Shailene Woodley is nominated for the EE Rising Star Award and I am slightly interested in what it is that she will wear. With a big promo tour for "Insurgent" coming up, the sequel to the hit "Divergent," I am sure that Shai will be on top form. This Prabal Gururng Pre-Fall 2015 ensemble is exactly what I picture Shailene in for the BAFTA Awards. Consisting of a black floral embroidered strapless gown worn under a black and red embroidered silk crop top this look screams the laid back style that Shailene puts off on the red carpets. Paired with a pair of black sandals and a red lip I think that Shailene would have a best dressed look on her hands at the BAFTA Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment