Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

2015 End of the Year Style Awards: Most Improved

The first half of 2015 and Carey Mulligan's pregnancy were not things that worked well for her. From the disastrous Christian Dior sequin bath sheet at the "Far From The Madding Crowd" premiere in London to the ugly ill fitting custom Balenciaga gowns worn for the Met Gala and Tony Awards I had started to give up hope on my one time Best Newcomer. I was at the point where she was going to be my Most Disappointing of the Year but happily she was able to find her red carpet mojo in time to start her Oscar campaign in October. Carey showed a slight hint at something better to come when she showed us that basic navy Lanvin didn't have to be boring.
What really pushed Carey thoroughly back in my someone to watch corner were her looks whilst promoting her latest film "Suffragette," which is garnering the actress quite a bit of Oscar buzz. Carey took that buzz and has been working it wearing quite the array of unique designs like the dusty mauve Chanel Couture worn during the London Film Festival and the black Alexander McQueen 50s inspired strapless bow detailed lace dress. My favorites of all of thee looks were the two that I least expected to see on Carey, the periwinkle (or as Pantone is calling it in 2016 Serenity) Marc Jacobs suit worn to the Elle Women in Hollywood event and the pale lilac Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW lace halter dress worn to the "Suffragette" premiere in LA. I hope that Carey keeps up the beautiful magic that she has been gracing the red carpets with lately as she works her way into the new year and into an amazing red carpet awards season. 

I am currently looking for feedback from my readers if you wouldn't mind taking a quick six question survey I would be greatly appreciative of that, you can take it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment