Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

2015 End of the Year Style Awards: Ones to Watch

It wouldn't be the end of the year with out me looking forward a little bit. 2015 has been a great year red carpet wise, I put over 1300 looks in to contention for Best Dressed and I am expecting that 2016 will be just as glamourous. I picked three ladies that have made and impact on me this year and who I am expecting to make a bigger impact next year.

First is Alicia Vikander, the Swedish actress is no stranger to the red carpet scene but I am expecting her to make a much bigger splash in 2016. Alicia has been nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award already and we are expecting to see her take an Academy Award nomination, as well as some possibility that she will win. Alicia has been the only Louis Vuitton brand ambassador that has given me any interest, and while I hope that she doesn't wear Louis Vuitton for every red carpet she does give us something different with each look. 

Gal Gadot has really done nothing to make me bat an eyelash at her red carpet style BUT in 2016 she will be premiering her Wonder Woman character in Batman vs Superman. With such a big blockbuster film I am sure that Gal will start to make her name known on the red carpet scene before Wonder Woman and Justice League debut in 2017. I am expecting that Gal will make for an amazing red carpet star as she takes on such an iconic character. 

Finally there is Zoe Kazan. I had seen her name pop up on some red carpets in the past but it wasn't until she showed up in a red and white candy striped custom Miu Miu gown on the red carpet at the 2015 Emmy Awards. This look took her from an unknown to my best dressed of the Emmy Awards list and I am excited to see what she will bring to the red carpet in 2016. With two feature films and a TV movie releasing in 2016 I am sure that we will continue to see Zoe grow, but will she get stuck in a Prada/Miu Miu rut?

I am currently looking for feedback from my readers if you wouldn't mind taking a quick six question survey I would be greatly appreciative of that, you can take it by clicking here.
Photo Credit: Zimbio/Getty

No comments:

Post a Comment