Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2016 National Board of Review Awards Gala Red Carpet Wish List

Brie Larson might end up being the celebrated underdog this season on the red carpets. When I looked back at Brie's red carpet looks over 2015 they were very underwhelming or total hot messes to me, up until the end. I am hoping that Brie is able to really bring it during awards season so that she can show that she can hang with the other women with whom she is nominated. On the eve of the People's Choice Awards in New York City Brie will take to the red carpet at the National Board of Review Awards Gala where she is going to be honored with the Best Actress award for her work in Room. Having worn Rodarte twice while promoting the film it would surprise me if Brie doesn't wear the brand at least once while making the Awards Season rounds. I picked this black, white, and orange floral hand beaded lace flutter sleeve dress from the Rodarte Spring 2016 RTW collection for Brie to wear on this red carpet. I love the shape and all of the hand beaded floral details and I think that Brie would look phenomenal wearing this creation. With such a statement dress all that would be needed to finish this look off would be a pair of simple black sandals, hair worn up so it wont compete with the dress, and a fresh face of makeup.
I decided to include Charlize Theron on this list because she is the lead in the National Board of Review's best film award winner Mad Max: Fury Road. I am uber excited to see what Charlize is going to bring to the table over the course of awards season as she, and Mad Max, have been garnering a lot of awards buzz. For this red carpet since it really isn't her night I picked this black Lanvin Spring 2016 RTW gown with a nude satin corseted body suit. I might get a little slack for picking this since Cate Blanchett has already worn a shorter green version on a red carpet, but I think that since the draping and color and length are all different why not. I think that Charlize would take this look and breath a sense of effortless glamour to the red carpet at the National Board of Review awards gala red carpet. A pair of black Christian Louboutin pumps, slicked back hair, a red lip, and a black Edie Parker clutch would finish this look off in spectacular fashion.
Emily Blunt stared in one of the National Board of Review's top films of the year Sicario, which is also being honored with the Spotlight Award for outstanding creative vision. If Emily jets to NYC to attend this event I would love to see her doing so in subtly elegant style wearing this Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW black cocktail dress which features a sheath silhouette with a defined sweetheart neckline, a cutout at the bodice, and a beaded embroidered skirt. Emily is always a delight to see on the red carpet and this sweet sensual ensemble would be no exception. I would add a pair of pink pumps to add to the romanticism of this look; hair worn up, a pink lip, and a pair of diamond cluster earrings would just finish this look off perfectly.
Its National Board of Review top film The Martian that I am hoping will mean a turn out from Jessica Chastain at the awards gala next Tuesday. I don't know why but when I picked the looks for this post I was feeling everyone in black, which is unusual because I love it when stars step out of the LBD. I guess it is because these women know how to make a little black dress anything but basic. I would love to see Jessica wear this Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2016 RTW pencil dress with its embroidered netting on the shoulders and at the top of the bodice. This is a very standard Dolce dress but I think that with Jessica's movie star presence a pair of killer black crystal embellished Christian Louboutin 'Top Vague' pointed toe pumps, a pair of diamond and sapphire drop earrings, old Hollywood waves, a diamond cocktail ring, and a red lip that this would be one for her record books.
Many will be surprised that I am featuring a little menswear in this post, but some of the leading men in Hollywood are starting to get their sartorial style noticed. Michael B. Jordan has been one of the men that has given my 4 time Best Dressed Man of the Year Eddie Redmayne a run for his money, will this year be the year that Eddie falls? It will remain to be seen. I am hoping that Michael will be at the National Board of Review Awards Gala because his Rocky spin off Creed is one of the top films of the year and his co-star Sylvester Stallone is being honored with the Best Supporting Actor award. I would love to see Michael wearing this bold red Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2016 Menswear suit, which was paired with a black button down for the presentation and I would keep for this red carpet. I would just add a black and white micro polka dotted skinny tie, and a pair of black patent leather Christian Louboutin lace up oxfords to finish this look off perfectly for this red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment