Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

2016 Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala Wish List Part 1

It was a quick holiday break but I am already back and ready to start bringing you all my red carpet wish lists for all the events that will kick off at the beginning of 2016. Awards season officially kicks of just after the turn on the new year on January 2, 2016 with the Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala. Each year the Palm Springs Film Festival honors some of the best of the best from the film world from the year before and this year there is an amazing line up of honorees. Alicia Vikander has been announced as the recipient of of the Rising Star Award and I cannot wait to see what she will wear for the red carpet. I am hoping that 2016 doesn't see Alicia wearing Louis Vuitton to every red carpet event as the looks can get very state (even if Alicia is the best LV ambassador). For this red carpet I would love to see Alicia wear this black Versace Pre-Fall 2016 gown which incorporates sheer sleeves and abstract embellishments. Minimalistic with a hint of sparkle, something that I am always in the mood for. Hair worn slicked back with a lightly lined eye and a red lip would add the perfect beauty touches for this look, add a black Louis Vuitton clutch and some black sandals and this look would be completely perfect head to toe.
Amber Heard will most likely be on the red carpet at the Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala on the arm of her hubby Johnny Depp who will be receiving the Desert Palm Achievement Award thanks to his amazing work in Black Mass. I have been loving seeing Amber head back to sexy glamour after a while of wearing things that were really too voluminous on her. I love it when Amber really shows her bombshell side so as a plus one I picked this black Balenciaga Resort 2016 peplum midi dress. I think that this cocktail dress is absolutely unbelievably chic and Amber would breath the right kind of Marylin Monroe sexy into this look. Finished with a pair of black pumps, old Hollywood waves, and a red lip and Amber will start her campaign to be the Best Plus One in 2016.
Her performance in Room has earned Brie Larson the Breakthrough Performance Award at the 2016 Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala. Brie has just in the past year started to capture my attention with some of her looks for the right reasons. I tend to like seeing Brie in simple classic type of looks as she doesn't have the personality for things that are very complicated. For this red carpet I picked this red Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2015 Alta Moda off the shoulder pencil dress. This is such a classic look that I think that Brie would just sizzle in. Not many people get lucky enough to wear Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda, and Brie already has (for the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party and the 2015 Met Gala). I would finish off this look with a pair of simple red sandals and an red Edie Parker clutch and a sleek hairstyle to ensure that Brie continues to work the red carpet.
Over the past year I have been struggling to keep my love of Cate Blanchett alive. It has been up and down and I am hoping that through awards season that she falls back into my good graces. Her first chance will be at the Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala where she is going to be honored with the Desert Palm Achievement Award for her work in the film Carol. I would absolutely drop dead if Cate showed up wearing this Altuzarra Pre-Fall 2016 gown which features a pailette embellished bodice and a simple black skirt. This is a little more edgy than what Cate usually wears but I think that this gown is something that she would look absolutely stunning in. A black Edie Parker clutch, a pair of black pumps, a chic up do and a red lip would finish this look off perfectly for this red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment