Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 AFI Awards Red Carpet Wish List Part 2

The possibility of seeing January Jones at the 2016 AFI Awards on January 8, 2016 is quite good because Mad Men, which aired it's last episode in 2015, is going to be honored with a special AFI Award. When she first came onto the red carpet scene at the start of Mad Men, January was one of the stars to watch but she ended up faltering but at the end she seemed to be doing the right red carpet tricks to gain my eye again. I am excited to see what January will bring to the red carpet and I think that this chic Peter Pilotto Spring 2016 RTW off-the shoulder printed cocktail ensemble is perfect for this more laid back type of a red carpet. This is such a flirty, summery style that eyes would undoubtedly move over to January as the cast takes one last photo together. I would finish this look with Veronica Lake waves, a pink lip, and a pair of fun gold and blue dotted Charlotte Olympia sandals so that January adds another unexpected pop to this look for the red carpet.
After so elegantly promoting The Martian last year, her black Elie Saab Couture gown almost made my Best Dressed of the Year list, I am hoping that Jessica Chastain will be on hand at the AFI Awards next Friday. Jessica had a really elegant year last year and I am always intrigued at what she is going to show up on the red carpet wearing. For this event I would love to see Jessica wearing this saffron yellow Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW jewel neck gathered waist lace dress. This is such a lady like ensemble and it is very daring for a red head to wear yellow on the red carpet, but if anyone would be able to make it work it would be Jessica. The color combo is such a major statement that I would just finish this look off with a pair of gold Charlotte Olympia 'Monroe' leather pumps, old Hollywood waves, and a red lip to ensure that Jessica kills the AFI Awards red carpet.
I think the person I am most excited to see at the AFI Awards is former Mad Men star and rising fashion star Kiernan Shipka. I have never had a 16 year old almost make my best dressed of the year list but Kiernan came really close with the Dior Couture ensemble that she wore to the Emmy's. I have been loving seeing Kiernan continue to give us stunning look after stunning look. For this red carpet I would love to see Kiernan show up wearing this Gucci Pre-Fall 2016 lace shift dress which features a peter pan collar, black ribbon bow, and lace ruffles on the blouse. This is a look that I think only a couple of stars could end up pulling off and Kiernan is at the top of the list of those that I think that can. Finished simply with a pair of nude fine glitter fabric Jimmy Choo 'Lorelai' pumps with champagne flower embellishments to keep the pretty air of this look going.
It has really been a hot minute since Kirsten Dunst has given me a real wow moment on the red carpet. While the AFI Awards, where Kirsten's show Fargo is being honored, is not where I am expecting her to wow me it is the place to help get me excited about things to come. This Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2016 liberty floral printed handkerchief dress is exactly what I would love to see Kirsten wearing to help get me excited about all of the red carpet appearances that she will be making over awards season. This dress is one of the few from this collection that I actually liked and I am hoping that whomever gets their hands on it does it justice, and I definitely think that Kirsten could. I would love to see this dress paired with a pair of black and gold Tabitha Simmons sandals, a pink lip, and a curly bob to add the perfect final touches.
While I am holding out hope that awards season will not be an all black and white affair for Rooney Mara I also know that this is a very slim chance. For the AFI Awards, where Rooney will most likely be on hand to represent her film Carol, I picked this simple black Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2016 cocktail dress. I think what immediately made me think of Rooney when it came to this dress was that the model is doing one of Rooney's signature poses. While I believe that this dress should be lined for Rooney as I think that most all of the elegance is the top her must have list for the red carpet. I would only add a pair of black suede Nicholas Kirkwood 'Maeva' pearl embellished pumps to ensure that elegance is key in this look for Rooney.
And finally I have my wish for Empire starlet Taraji P. Henson. As I have previously stated I am hoping that 2016 brings a time where Taraji learns that she doesn't have to have a lot of skin showing to have a sultry, sexy look on the red carpet. For the AFI Awards, where it's more ladies who lunch than sex kitten, I picked this Jonathan Simkhai Pre-Fall 2016 asymmetric constellation dress which is rendered in white, navy, and black. I think that this type of look is exactly what Taraji needs to have a chic look that still delviers a hint of sexy. The sexy would be further upped by the addition of a pair of black Tom Ford leather sandals with a gold padlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment